We offer excellent opportunities for postgraduate research in dental-related topics.
We offer PhD and MPhil research degrees on both a full- and part-time basis. Our research degrees include a wide range of clinical and laboratory-based projects.
Our postgraduate research environment is diverse and includes UK, EU and international postgraduate students.
You'll benefit from support and facilities at:
- the Centre for Oral Health Research (COHR)
- the School of Dental Sciences (Faculty of Medical Sciences)
- the network of University Biomedical Research Institutes
Postgraduate research students take an active role in many areas of our research. Students doing research in oral health within the University become part of a research team.
These teams have strong links with Biomedical Research Institutes within the University. This ensures the best possible expertise and facilities.
How to apply
First, read the information on the School of Dental Sciences website. We support the teaching and research within the School of Dental Sciences.
If you have any queries contact Dr Ralf Kist.
The postgraduate students have a representative. They:
- attend twice-yearly COHR executive meetings
- help develop the COHR seminar programme
- chair the twice-yearly meetings for dental postgraduate research students
The representative liaises with the Regional Research Student Advisor, Dr Paula Waterhouse. She is responsible for facilitating the application process for research degrees in dental subjects.
Dr Waterhouse also supports the supervisory teams within the COHR and School of Dental Sciences.