Teaching Fellow in Student Engagement
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7479
- Address: Combined Honours Centre
2nd Floor (2.71)
Roles and Responsibilities
Ruth supports and coordinates the student schemes across the Combined Honours degree programme including: Peer Mentoring, the SSC, PASS and the Peer Welfare Ambassadors. She is also Module Leader across our suite of Graduate Development modules and supports the office team during busy times of the year.
Ruth graduated from Newcastle University in July 2013 with a BA Combined Honours in English Literature with Sociology and joined the Combined Honours team at this point. During the 2015-16 academic year, Ruth was seconded to the University Peer Mentoring Coordinator role which involved supporting Peer Mentoring for all undergraduate degree programmes at Newcastle University.
Ruth is Module Leader on the following Combined modules:
- HSS2100 - Graduate Development in Second Year
- HSS3100 - Graduate Development in Final Year
- HSS3101 - Advanced Graduate Development
These modules allow students to build their own personal development, connecting it to a role within CH (i.e. Mentor or Rep etc.) They also allow students to undertake a practice based project.
- Bryson C, Furlonger R, Petie O, Rinaldo-Langridge F. Partnership - turning theory into practice. In: RAISE Fourth Annual Conference. 2014, Manchester, UK.