Newcastle Upon Tyne (relocation offered)Job Description
You should join our team if you want to: Build something interesting and are excited about new technology. We're looking for a software developer that will be able to learn the ropes really quickly and eventually be influential in designing and building Blooie's whole system. We are not looking for any particular level of experience, so if you're straight out of University and new to the working world don't feel afraid to send on a CV. We won't bite. All in all we want someone who can fit into the culture of our company and we would love to have a chat with everyone interested so we can get to know them! If you're based in the area around for a beer thats even better! If you think you fit the job, or even if you're unsure, just drop us a quick email and we'll be happy to have a quick chat!
Skills & Requirements
- to be able to learn quickly
- to be a competent developer (in your language of choice)
- to be motivated and able to read between the lines of what needs to get done and by when
- to be able to tell your boss when he's wrong
- to have some previous production experience, and yes that includes contributing to open source projects and even tinkering on your own projects.
It would be great if you:
- know mongodb or any other NoSQL technologies
- know Java
- are familiar with Amazon Web Service's technologies
- are an expert at HTML + CSS
- contribute to open source software (and know the ethic)
published on: 10th April 2012