Software Developer internship
University is expensive these days, so why not earn some real cash during your summer holidays while getting real programming experience that looks great on your CV? Who knows, we might even offer you a job at the end of your degree.
We're looking for enthusiastic programmers who pick things up quickly and want to learn real-world skills while writing production code. You’ll be part of a small, but very experienced team of smart and highly passionate developers who’ve got loads of knowledge to impart.
What can we offer?
· Mentoring: You’ll be expected to work hard and write working code that is good enough to give to our customers. But you’ll also be mentored by our experienced developers and have plenty of opportunities to learn from the rest of the team.
· Develop using up-to-date technologies: We build desktop Windows applications using .NET, C#, WPF & WinForms. Learn about unit testing, design patterns, markup-based UI design and working in an Agile Development environment.
· Flexibility. Our core working hours are from 10am to 4pm (in a 37.5 hour week), meaning you can avoid the rush hour. Overlooking the Newcastle quayside, we're just a couple of minutes' walk from the nearest Metro station and 10 minutes' walk from the train station.
Skills & Requirements
· Are an enthusiastic, capable programmer with experience in C#, Java or C++
· Have a passion for learning new things: coding skills, methodologies, design patterns, technologies
· Enjoy engaging with others to improve your software design, implementation and UI skills
About Nonlinear Dynamics Ltd.
Nonlinear Dynamics Ltd is the world-leading developer of software analysis solutions for proteomics and biomarker discovery. Founded in 1989, we're profitable and our turnover grew by about 20% last year - we're looking to repeat that this year. The software we develop is helping scientists all over the world to better understand the biochemical world, from developing drugs to fight cancer, to engineering plants to revolutionise biofuel production, and so much more.
If all of the above sounds good and you think you can boost our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Summer Internship’ in the subject.
published on: 30th April 2012