Dr Anirban Bhattacharyya
Guest Member of Staff
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 191 208 8592
Ani received a B.Sc. (Hons) in Mathematics from the University of London King's College in 1982, and an M.Sc. in Information Systems Engineering from South Bank Polytechnic in 1984. His PhD was in Formal Modelling and Analysis of Dynamic Reconfiguration of Dependable Systems from Newcastle University in 2013, supervised by Professor John Fitzgerald.
For his PhD, Ani extended the process algebra CCS with a special process (termed a fraction process) and overloaded the semantics of the parallel composition operator in order to model the runtime evolution of a system abstractly. Thus, the dynamic reconfiguration of a system that was unforeseen when the system was originally designed can be modelled abstractly. Furthermore, the functional interference between application and reconfiguration tasks that can occur during dynamic reconfiguration is modelled using interleaved transitions.
Prior to his PhD, Ani worked on a variety of R & D projects: at MARI Advanced Microelectronics Ltd (1985 - 1989), he researched into the instrumentation of an object-oriented distributed system, specification of a distributed meta IPSE using Z, enterprise modelling, and a documentation system for IBCN software. At York University (1989 - 1992), he worked on a modelling framework for hard real-time systems. Ani subsequently developed a variety of database applications for accounting, HR and payroll.
Following his PhD, Ani investigated timed models of causality using structured occurrence nets (SONs) as a research associate on the EPSRC-funded UNCOVER project. Currently, he is continuing his research into the dynamic reconfiguration of dependable systems. Ani's research interests include formal modelling and verification of dynamically reconfigurable dependable real-time systems using process algebras, SONs, conditional partial order graphs (CPOGs), model checking, and schedulability analysis.
- Bhattacharyya A, Mokhov A, Pierce K. An empirical comparison of formalisms for modelling and analysis of dynamic reconfiguration of dependable systems. Formal Aspects of Computing 2017, 29(2), 251-307.
- Bhattacharyya A, Li B, Randell B. Time in Structured Occurrence Nets. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2016. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1495.
- Bhattacharyya A, Li B, Randell B. Time in Structured Occurrence Nets. In: International Workshop on Petri Nets and Software Engineering (PNSE’16). 2016, Torun, Poland: CEUR-WS.org.
- Bhattacharyya A, Mokhov A, Pierce K. A Comparison of Formalisms for Modelling and Analysis of Dynamic Reconfiguration of Dependable Systems. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2015. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1462.
- Mazzara M, Abouzaid F, Dragoni N, Bhattacharyya A. Toward Design, Modelling and Analysis of Dynamic Workflow Reconfiguration: A process Algebra Perspective. In: Web Services and Formal Methods. Berlin; New York: Springer-Verlag, 2012, pp.64-78. In Press.
- Abouzaid F, Bhattacharyya A, Dragoni N, Fitzgerald JS, Mazzara M, Zhou M. A Case Study of Workflow Reconfiguration: Design, Modelling, Analysis and Implementation. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2011. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1265.
- Mazzara M, Abouzaid F, Dragoni N, Bhattacharyya A. Design, Modelling and Analysis of a Workflow Reconfiguration. In: Petri Nets and Software Engineering. 2011, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK: CEUR-WS, RWTH Aachen University.
- Mazzara M, Bhattacharyya A. On Modelling and Analysis of Dynamic Reconfiguration of Dependable Real-Time Systems. In: Third International Conference on Dependability (DEPEND). 2010, Venice/Mestre, Italy: IEEE Computer Society.
- Bhattacharyya A, Fitzgerald JS. Development of a formalism for modelling and analysis of dynamic reconfiguration of dependable real-time systems: a technical diary. In: SERENE '08: Proceedings of the 2008 RISE/EFTS Joint International Workshop on Software Engineering for Resilient Systems. 2008, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK: ACM.
- Bhattacharyya A, Li B, Randell B. Time in structured occurrence nets. In: CEUR Workshop Proceedings. 2016, Atlanta, GA, USA: CEUR-WS.