Manager Digital Institute
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 191 208 4149
Barry manages the Digital Institute and works alongside the Director to ensure the Institute delivers on its three core initiatives:
- research - interdisciplinary collaborations working with various academic disciplines across the University and partners from public and private sector.
- engagement - with industry and public sector through the 'Cloud Innovation Centre.'
- teaching - PhD cohorts through the EPSRC CDT in Cloud Computing for Big Data.
He is currently leading on developing the National Institute for Smart Data Innovation (NISDI).
His background is in business management, particularly relating to the management of innovative software development. He holds a BA(Hons) in International Business Management, from the University of Newcastle and the Graduate School of Business – Ecole Supérieure de Commerce Grenoble, France and an MBA with Distinction from Newcastle University.
Barry was previously a Director at Arjuna Technologies (1999-2009) where he was responsible for business operations, finance, investor relations, and information services. He worked to secure first and second round VC investment, grant awards for R&D and prize funding for innovation and realising the value from the start-up through acquisition and trade sale. Before that he was a research coordinator within the Computing Science Dept at Newcastle University responsible for the coordination and management of a portfolio of large-scale, collaborative research contracts across Europe.