Dr Changyu Dong
Senior Lecturer in Security
- Email: email@example.com
- Personal Website: http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/changyu.dong/
- Address: CLT 11.12
BackgroundChangyu Dong is a Senior Lecturer in Security at the School of Computing Science in Newcastle University. His research interests fall under the broad heading of cyber security, e.g. applied cryptography, trust management, data privacy and security policies. His recent work focuses mostly on designing practical secure computation protocols with applications to large scale privacy preserving data processing. The application domains include for example privacy preserving medical data analytics, secure cloud computing, privacy preserving data mining and private data processing in mobile and wireless networks.
Before coming to Newcastle, he was a lecturer at the University of Strathclyde (2011 - 2016), before that a post-doctoral researcher in the Policy group at Imperial College London (2009 - 2011). He received his PhD and MSc from Imperial in 2009 and 2005 respectively, and his BSc degree from Fudan University in 1999. He also worked several years (2000 - 2004) as a network engineer in China.
- Ko R, Singh J, Pasquier T, Dong C, Eyers D, Bacon J. Information Flow Control with Minimal Tag Disclosure. In: International Conference on Internet of things and Cloud Computing (ICC 2016). 2016, ACM.
- Abadi A, Terzis S, Dong C. VD-PSI: Verifiable Delegated Private Set Intersection on Outsourced Private Datasets. In: Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2016 (FC 2016). 2016, Barbados: International Financial Cryptography Association.
- Dong C. Efficient Data Intensive Secure Computation: Fictional or Real. In: 23rd International Workshop on Security Protocols (SPW 2015). 2015, Cambridge, UK: Springer International Publishing.
- Abadi A, Terzis S, Dong C. O-PSI: delegated private set intersection on outsourced datasets. In: 30th IFIP TC 11 International Conference (SEC 2015). 2015, Hamburg, Germany: Springer International Publishing.
- Dong C, Kiefer F. Secure Set-based Policy Checking and Its Application to Password Registration. In: 14th International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS 2015). 2015, Marrakesh, Morocco: Springer International Publishing.
- Dong C, Chen L. A Fast Secure Dot Product Protocol with Application to Privacy Preserving Association Rule Mining. In: Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining: 18th Pacific-Asia Conference (PAKDD 2014). 2014, Tainan, Taiwan: Springer International Publishing.
- Dong C, Chen L. A Fast Single Server Private Information Retrieval Protocol with Low Communication Cost. In: Computer Security - ESORICS 2014: 19th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security. 2014, Wroclaw, Poland: Springer International Publishing.
- Wen Z, Dong C. Efficient protocols for private record linkage. In: SAC '14: Proceedings of the 29th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing. 2014, Gyeongju, Korea: ACM.
- Abadi A, Terzis S, Metere R, Dong C. Efficient Delegated Private Set Intersection on Outsourced Private Datasets. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing 2017, PP, e-pub ahead of print.