- Email: David.Chatting@ncl.ac.uk
BackgroundDavid Chatting is a Research Associate at Culture Lab. He is working with David Kirk on the on the EPSRC collaborative project, Family Rituals 2.0 (http://familyrituals2-0.org.uk/). He is a designer and technologist, who is interested in the "mundane future"; working in software and hardware, to explore the impact of emerging technologies in everyday lives. Examples of his work can be found at: http://davidchatting.com/work/.
- Elsden C, Nissen B, Garbett A, Chatting D, Kirk D, Vines J. Metadating: Exploring the Romance and Future of Personal Data. In: CHI '16: Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2016, San Jose, CA, USA: ACM Press.
- Kirk D, Chatting D, Yurman P, Bichard J. Ritual Machines I & II: Making Technology at Home. In: ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems 2016. 2016, San Jose, CA, USA: ACM.
- Galani A, Durrant A, Chatting D. Sit with Me. Newcastle upon Tyne: Discovery Museum, 2016.
- Chatting DJ, Kirk DS, Yurman P, Bichard J. Designing for Family Phatic Communication: A Design Critique Approach. In: British HCI 2015. 2015, Lincoln, UK.
- Bichard J, Yurman P, Kirk DS, Chatting D. Quotidian Ritual and Work-Life Balance: An Ethnography of Not Being There. In: Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings (EPIC). 2014.