Professor Ian Hayes
Guest Member of Staff
- Email: email@example.com
Prof. Ian J. Hayes has spent several periods at the School of Computing Science and these have resulted in joint publications (including several with Prof. Cliff Jones). He is now pursuing joint research which will result in further papers. Prof. Hayes also gives seminars at the School. He has given keynote presentations at five conferences in the last ten years including: the International Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Computing 2010 and the International Symposium on Unifying Theories of Programming 2006. He also won the best paper (joint with Dr. R. Colvin) at the 7th International Conference on Integrated Formal Methods in 2009.
Prof. Hayes’s interests include: Software engineering; formal specification of computing systems; software development based on mathematical principles; real-time systems; fault-tolerant systems; concurrent systems.
Research projects include:
Generation and analysis of fault-tolerant real-time systems
Real-time specification and refinement
Timing path analysis of real-time programs
Refinement to logic programs
Program refinement tool
A current list of Professor Ian Hayes’s publications can be found here.
Further details about Prof. Ian Hayes can be found at: http://itee.uq.edu.au/~ianh/.
- Hayes IJ, Burns A, Dongol B, Jones CB. Comparing Degrees of Non-Determinism in Expression Evaluation. The Computer Journal 2013, 56(6), 741-755.
- Hayes IJ, Jones CB, Colvin RJ. Refining rely-guarantee thinking. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2012. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1334.
- Hayes IJ, Jones CB, Colvin RJ. Reasoning about concurrent programs: Refining rely-guarantee thinking. Newcastle upon Tyne: Newcastle University, 2013. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1395.
- Hayes IJ, Colvin RJ, Meinicke LA, Winter K, Velykis A. An Algebra of Synchronous Atomic Steps. In: FM 2016: Formal Methods. 2016, Limassol, Cyprus: Springer.
- Jones CB, Hayes IJ, Colvin RJ. Balancing expressiveness in formal approaches to concurrency. Formal Aspects of Computing 2015, 27(3), 475-497.
- Hayes IJ, Jones CB, Colvin RJ. Laws and semantics for rely-guarantee refinement. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2014. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1425.