- Email: email@example.com
ResearchJohn Mace joined Newcastle University in 2008 and has since completed both BSc (1st Class) honours degree and PhD in Computing Science. During his undergraduate studies he received a Scott Logic prize for computer excellence for his year two performance. He was also awarded the School of Computing Science prize for best overall performance in year three. He is currently an early career research associate working on the security of smart buildings, in particular understanding the security and privacy threats to smart building data. In September 2017, John joined the Cyber Security Centre, University of Warwick for a 6 month secondment with Newcastle to work on a PETRAS collaboration project NUSBIoT, assessing the security of Newcastle University Urban Sciences Building. John has previously undertaken a 12-month internship with the Cloud and Security Group, HP Research Lab, Bristol working on the EPSRC/TSB funded project Trust Domains; worked in partnership with The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on the NSA funded project Science of Security (SoS); worked in partnership with the UK Criminal Justice Board on a UK Home Office funded project to produce a platform for secure data sharing; and in partnership with Italy’s Intelligence System for the Security of the Republic on the CIPS funded project CYCLOPS. He has published several papers on methodologies and tools using probabilistic modelling aspects and ontologies for designing information security policies and understanding their impact on workflow completion.
- Mace JC, Thekkummal N, Morisset C, VanMoorsel A. ADaCS: A tool for Analysing Data Collection Strategies. In: 14th European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2017). 2017, Berlin.
- Mace JC, Morisset C, van Moorsel A. WRAD: Tool Support for Workflow Resiliency Analysis and Design. In: 8th international workshop on Software Engineering for Resilient Systems (SERENE 2016). 2016, Gothenburg, Sweden: Springer International Publishing.
- Mace JC, Morisset C, van Moorsel A. Impact of policy design on workflow resiliency computation time. In: J Campos and B.R Haverkort, ed. Quantitative Evaluation of Systems. Springer International, 2015, pp.244-259.
- Mace JC, Morisset C, van Moorsel A. Resiliency Variance in Workflows with Choice. In: A Fantechi and P Patrizio, ed. Software Engineering for Resilient Systems. Springer International, 2015, pp.128-143.
- Mace JC, Morisset C, van Moorsel A. Modelling user availability in workflow resiliency analysis. In: HotSoS '15 Symposium and Bootcamp on the Science of Security. 2015, Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA: ACM.
- Mace JC, Morisset C, van Moorsel A. Quantitative Workflow Resiliency. In: 19th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security. 2014, Wroclaw, Poland: Springer.
- Mace JC, van Moorsel A, Watson P. The Case for Dynamic Security Solutions in Public Cloud Workflow Deployments. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2011. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1246.
- Mace J C, Parkin SE, van Moorsel A. A Collaborative Ontology Development Tool for Information Security Managers. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2010. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1212.
- Mace JC, Parkin S, van Moorsel A. Ontology Editing Tool for Information Security and Human Factors Experts. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2009. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1172.
- Mace JC. Printer Identification Techniques and Their Privacy Implications. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2010. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1211.