Dr Nisansala Yatapanage
- Email: email@example.com
- Personal Website: http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/nisansala.yatapanage/
- Address: School of Computing,
Centre for Software Reliability
Newcastle upon Tyne,
I'm currently working on the Taming Concurrency project with Cliff Jones and Andrius Velykis. I joined the project in September 2013.
Before coming to the UK, from 2004 I worked on various projects in formal methods in The University of Queensland and Griffith University, Australia. I completed my PhD in 2012 at Griffith.
For further details, please refer to my website, listed above.
Cliff Jones and I have just finished a paper Reasoning about Separation using Abstraction and Reification in SEFM'15, available here: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-22969-0_1.
I have just published a paper with Kirsten Winter on my PhD results in the journal Theoretical Computer Science. It can be found here: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tcs.2015.05.013
For more details about my research, have a look at my website:
Demonstrator for CSC3321 (Understanding Programming Languages) - Semester 2, 2013/2014.
Guest lecturer / Demonstrator for CSC3321 (Understanding Programming Languages) - Semester 2, 2014/2015.
Guest lecturer / Demonstrator for CSC3321 (Understanding Programming Languages) - Semester 2, 2015/2016.
- Yatapanage N, Winter K. Next-preserving Branching Bisimulation. Theoretical Computer Science 2015, 594, 120-142.
- Jones CB, Yatapanage N. Reasoning about Separation using Abstraction and Reification. In: Software Engineering and Formal Methods: 13th International Conference (SEFM 2015). 2015, York, UK: Springer International Publishing.
- Jones CB, Yatapanage N. Reasoning about Separation using Abstraction and Reification (including proofs). Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2015. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1472.
- Jones C, Yatapanage N. Tackling Separation via Abstraction (with proofs). Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2015. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1447.
- Lindsay PA, Yatapanage N, Winter K. Cut Set Analysis using Behavior Trees and Model Checking. Formal Aspects of Computing 2012, 24(2), 249-266.
- Grunske L, Winter K, Yatapanage N, Zafar S, Lindsay PA. Experience with Fault Injection Experiments for FMEA. Software: Practice and Experience 2011, 41(11), 1233-1258.
- Lindsay P, Winter K, Yatapanage N. Safety Assessment Using Behavior Trees and Model Checking. In: 8th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Formal Methods (SEFM 2010). 2010, Pisa, Italy: IEEE.
- Yatapanage N, Winter K, Zafar S. Slicing Behavior Tree Models for Verification. In: Theoretical Computer Science, 6th IFIP International Conference (TCS 2010). Proceedings. IFIP, 2010, pp.125-139.
- Grunske L, Winter K, Yatapanage N. Defining the Abstract Syntax of Visual Languages with Advanced Graph Grammars - A Case Study Based on Behavior Trees. Journal of Visual Languages and Computing 2008, 19(3), 343-379.
- Wen L, Lin K, Colvin R, Seagrott J, Yatapanage N, Dromey G. “Integrare”- a Collaborative Environment for Behavior-Oriented Design. In: Cooperative Design, Visualization, and Engineering 4th International Conference (CDVE 2007). Proceedings. Springer-Verlag, 2007, pp.122-131.
- Zafar S, Colvin R, Winter K, Yatapanage N, Dromey G. Early Validation and Verification of a Distributed Role-Based Access Control Model. In: 14th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC 2007). Proceedings. 2007.
- Grunske L, Lindsay P, Yatapanage N, Winter K. An Automated Failure Mode and Effect Analysis based on High-Level Design Specification with Behavior Trees. In: Integrated Formal Methods: 5th International Conference (IFM 2005), Proceedings. Springer-Verlag, 2005, pp.129-149.
- So HB, Yatapanage KG, Yatapanage N, Sheridan G. Minerosion3.01: a user friendly erosion monitoring and landscape design package. In: Australian Coal Association Research Programme Annual Conference, Emerald, Queensland, Australia. 2003.