Professor Pam Briggs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela provides high level psychological understanding and input to a number of projects. She is a co-investigator on the ChAISe project (Choice Architecture for Information Security) and she is also the primary investigator the project: Reel Lives - personal documentaries constructed from digital data.
Pamela holds a Research Chair in Applied Psychology, working in social media and interaction design, with a specific focus on trust, identity, security and inclusion. She has an international reputation for work in this field. Collaborative projects have been showcased in the British Council's celebration of UK-Canada Innovation and in a publication by RCUK and UUK: Big Ideas for the Future: UK research that will have a profound effect on our future.
Pamela has inter alia chaired two University-wide reviews (on marketing and communications and International training activities) and held University-level responsibilities in relation to (i) Northumbria's Innovation and Enterprise Steering Group; (ii) statutory returns on allocation of costs across the University (the Transparent Approach to Costing -TRAC); (iii) a fundamental review of academic programmes, which introduced new evaluative methodology and (iv) a review of systems and services.
- Coventry LM, Jeske D, Blythe JM, Turland J, Briggs P. Personality and Social Framing in Privacy Decision-Making: A Study on Cookie Acceptance. Frontiers in Psychology 2016, 7, 1341.
- Dunphy P, Nicholson J, Vlachokyriakos V, Briggs P, Olivier P. Crowdsourcing and CCTV: the Effect of Interface, Financial Bonus and Video Type. Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2015. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1453.
- Pritchard G, Briggs P, Vines J, Olivier P. How to Drive a London Bus: Measuring Performance in a Mobile and Remote Workplace. In: Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '15). 2015, Seoul, South Korea: ACM.
- Turland J, Coventry L, Jeske D, Briggs P, van Moorsel A. Nudging towards security; Developing and application for wireless network selection for android phones. In: British HCI '15 2015 British HCI Conference. 2015, Lincoln, UK: ACM.
- Kharrufa A, Nicholson J, Dunphy P, Hodges S, Briggs P, Olivier P. Using IMUs to identify supervisors on touch devices. In: Human-Computer Interaction – INTERACT 2015. 2015, Bamberg, Germany: Springer.
- Pritchard G, Vines J, Briggs P, Thomas L, Olivier P. Digitally driven: how location based services impact the work practices of London bus drivers. In: CHI '14 Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2014, Toronto, Canada: ACM.