Dr Raj Ranjan
Reader in Computing Science
- Email: email@example.com
Dr. Rajiv Ranjan is a Reader (Associate Professor) in Computing Science at Newcastle University, United Kingdom. At Newcastle University he is working on projects related to emerging areas in parallel and distributed systems (Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, and Big Data). Previously, he was Julius Fellow (2013-2015), Senior Research Scientist (equivalent to Senior Lecturer in Australian/UK University Grading System) and Project Leader in the Digital Productivity and Services Flagship of Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO – Australian Government’s Premier Research Agency). Prior to that he was a Senior Research Associate (Lecturer level B) in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales (UNSW). Dr. Ranjan has a PhD (2009) in Computer Science and Software Engineering from the University of Melbourne.
My full profile can be found at: My Blog
The main goal of his current research is to advance the fundamental understanding and state of the art of provisioning and delivery of application services (web, big data analytics, content delivery networks, and scientific workflows) in large, heterogeneous, uncertain, and emerging distributed systems.
My full research profile can be found at: My Blog
I am available to supervise coursework and research projects on all levels in subjects related to topics in emerging parallel and distributed systems (Cloud Computing, Big Data, and Internet of Things).
My research interests can be found on: My Blog
- Puthal D, Nepal S, Ranjan R, Chen J. A Dynamic Prime Number Based Efficient Security Mechanism for Big Sensing Data Streams. Journal of Computer and System Sciences 2017, 83(1), 22-42.
- Deng Z, Han W, Wang LZ, Ranjan R, Zomaya AY, Jie W. An efficient online direction-preserving compression approach for trajectory streaming data. Future Generation Computer Systems 2017, 68, 150-162.
- Zeng XZ, Garg SK, Strazdins P, Jayaraman PP, Georgakopoulos D, Ranjan R. IOTSim: A simulator for analysing IoT applications. JOURNAL OF SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE 2017, 72, 93-107.
- Lopez IC, Taheri J, Ranjan R, Wang L, Zomaya AY. A Balanced Scheduler with Data Reuse and Replication for Scientific Workflows in Cloud Computing Systems. Future Generation Computer Systems 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Wang L, Hu S, Betis G, Ranjan R. A Computing Perspective on Smart City. IEEE Transactions on Computers 2016, 65(5), 1337-1338.
- Gu YG, Tao J, Li GQ, Sun DW, Wu XH, Jayaraman PP, Ranjan R. A preemptive truthful VMs allocation online mechanism in private cloud. Journal of Computational Science 2016, 17(Part 3), 647-653.
- Ranjan R, Wang L, Zomaya AY, Tao J, Jayarama P, Georgakopoulos D. Advances in Methods and Techniques for Processing Streaming Big Data in Datacentre Clouds. IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing 2016, 4(2), 262-265.
- Song J, Han CL, Wang KX, Zhao J, Ranjan RJ, Wang LZ. An integrated static detection and analysis framework for android. Pervasive and Mobile Computing 2016, 32, 15-25.
- Wu XH, Gu YG, Tao J, Li GQ, Jayaraman PP, Sun D, Ranjan R, Zomaya A, Han JT. An online greedy allocation of VMs with non-increasing reservations in clouds. Journal of Supercomputing 2016, 72(2), 371-390.
- Jayaraman P, Perera C, Georgakopoulos D, Dustdar S, Thakker D, Ranjan R. Analytics-as-a-service in a multi-cloud environment through semantically-enabled hierarchical data processing. Software: Practice and Experience 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Chen X, Chen Y, Zomaya AY, Ranjan R, Hu S. CEVP: Cross Entropy based Virtual Machine Placement for Energy Optimisation in Clouds. Journal of Supercomputing 2016, (ePub ahead of Print), 1-16.
- Wang MC, Dai GM, Choo KKR, Jayaraman PP, Ranjan R. Constructing Pairing-Friendly Elliptic Curves under Embedding Degree 1 for Securing Critical Infrastructures. PLoS ONE 2016, 11(8), e0161857.
- Ranjan R, Jayaraman P, Solaiman E, Georgakopulos D. Cyber-Physical-Social Clouds: Future Insights. IEEE Technical Committee on Cyber-Physical Systems 2016, 1(1), 11-14.
- Khoshkbarforoushha A, Wang MS, Ranjan R, Wang LZ, Alem L, Khan SU, Benatallah B. Dimensions for Evaluating Cloud Resource Orchestration Frameworks. COMPUTER 2016, 49(2), 24-33.
- Georgakopoulos D, Jayaraman PP, Zhang M, Ranjan R. Discovery-Driven Service Oriented IoT Architecture. In: 2015 IEEE Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing. 2016, Hangzhou, China: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Puthal D, Nepal S, Ranjan R, Chen J. DLSeF: A Dynamic Key Length based Efficient Real-Time Security Verification Model for Big Data Stream. ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS) 2016. In Press.
- Wen Z, Qasha R, Li Z, Ranjan R, Watson P, Romanovsky A. Dynamically Partitioning Workflow over Federated Clouds For Optimising the Monetary Cost and Handling Run-Time Failures. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Zhao LJ, Chen LJ, Ranjan R, Choo KKR, He JJ. Geographical information system parallelization for spatial big data processing: a review. Cluster Computing 2016, 19(1), 139-152.
- Dong M, Ranjan R, Zomaya AY, Lin M. Guest Editorial on Advances in Tools and Techniques for Enabling Cyber–Physical–Social Systems—Part II. IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems 2016, 2(4), 124-126.
- Natu J, Ghosh RK, Shyamsundar RK, Ranjan R. Holistic Performance Monitoring of Hybrid Clouds: Complexities and Future Directions. IEEE Cloud Computing 2016, 3(1), 72-81.
- Khan MUS, Khalid O, Huang Y, Zhang F, Ranjan R, Khan SU, Cao J, Li K, Veeravalli B, Zomaya A. MacroServ: A Route Recommendation Service for Large-Scale Evacuations. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing 2016, (99), 1-1.
- Khoshkbarforoushha A, Jamshidi P, Fahmideh M, Wang L, Ranjan R. Metrics for BPEL Process Reusability Analysis in a Workflow System. IEEE Systems Journal 2016, 10(1), 36-45.
- Vogler M, Schleicher JM, Inzinger C, Dustdar S, Ranjan R. Migrating Smart City Applications to the Cloud. IEEE Cloud Computing 2016, 3(2), 72-79.
- Solaiman E, Ranjan R, Jayaraman P, Mitra K. Monitoring Internet of Things Application Ecosystems for Failure. IT Professional 2016, 18(5), 8-11.
- Perera C, Liu C, Ranjan R, Wang L, Zomaya AY. Privacy Knowledge Modelling in Internet of Things: A Look Back. Computer 2016, 49(12), 60-68.
- Li Z, Zhang H, O'Brien L, Jiang S, Zhou Y, Kihl M, Ranjan R. Spot pricing in the Cloud ecosystem: A comparative investigation. Journal of Systems and Software 2016, 114, 1-19.
- Wang L, Chen X, Ranjan R, Zomaya AY, Zhou Y, Hu S. Stochastic Workload Scheduling for Uncoordinated Datacenter Clouds with Multiple QoS Constraints. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Puthal D, Nepal S, Ranjan R, Chen J. Threats to Networking Cloud and Edge Data Center in the IoT. IEEE Cloud Computing 2016, 3(3), 64-71.
- Wang l, Ma y, Zomaya a, Ranjan r, Chen d. A Parallel File System with Application-Aware Data Layout Policies for Massive Remote Sensing Image Processing in Digital Earth. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 2015, 26(6), 1497-1508.
- Zhang m, Ranjan r, Menzel m, Nepal s, Strazdins p, Jie w, Wang l. An Infrastructure Service Recommendation System for Cloud Applications with Real-time QoS Requirement Constraints. IEEE Systems Journal 2015, epub ahead of print.
- Bertina E, Nepal S, Ranjan R. Building Sensor-Based Big Data Cyberinfrastructures. IEEE Cloud Computing 2015, 2(5), 64-69.
- Menzel m, Ranjan r, Wang l, Khan s, Chen j. CloudGenius: A Hybrid Decision Support Method for Automating the Migration of Web Application Clusters to Public Clouds. IEEE Transactions on Computers 2015, 64(5), 1336-1348.
- Alhamazani k, Ranjan r, Jayaraman p, Mitra k, Rabhi f, Georgakopulos d, Wang l. Cross-Layer Multi-Cloud Real-Time Application QoS Monitoring and Benchmarking As-a-Service Framework. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing 2015, epub ahead of print.
- Liu Y, Hu S, Huang H, Ranjan R, Zomaya A, Wang L. Game Theoretic Market Driven Smart Home Scheduling Considering Energy Balancing. IEEE Systems Journal 2015, Epub ahead of print.
- Dong M, Ranjan R, Zomaya AY, Lin M. Guest Editorial on Advances in Tools and Techniques for Enabling Cyber–Physical–Social Systems—Part I. IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems 2015, 2(3), 38-40.
- Jayaraman PP, Mitra K, Saguna S, Shah T, Georgakopoulos D, Ranjan R. Orchestrating Quality of Service in the Cloud of Things Ecosystem. In: 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Nanoelectronic and Information Systems. 2015, Indore, India: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Deng Z, Wu x, Wang l, Chen x, Ranjan r, Zomaya a, Chen d. Parallel Processing of Dynamic Continuous Queries over Streaming Data Flows. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 2015, 26(3), 834 - 846.
- Liu c, Ranjan r, Yang c, Zhang x, Wang l, Chen j. MuR-DPA: Top-down Levelled Multi-replica Merkle Hash Tree Based Secure Public Auditing for Dynamic Big Data Storage on Cloud. IEEE Transactions on Computers 2014. In Press.
- Ma Y, Wang l, Zomaya A, Chen D, Ranjan R. Task-Tree based Large-Scale Mosaicking for Remote Sensed Imageries with Dynamic DAG Scheduling. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 2014, 25(8), 2126-2137.
- Calheiros r, Masoumi e, Ranjan r, Buyya r. Workload Prediction Using ARIMA Model and Its Impact on Cloud Applications’ QoS. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing 2014, 3(4), 449-458.