Dr Yu Guan
I am a lecturer in data science. My research interests are machine learning and its various applications such as behaviour analysis, wearables, ubiquitous computing, computer vision and biometrics, etc. Before joining Newcastle University, I received my PhD degree at the Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick in 2015.
TeachingCSC8111 "Machine Learning", School of Computing, Newcastle University, 2017-2018
- Guan Y, Yan J. Pokerprint: Seeing Through Your Playing Cards. 2015. (dataset coming soon!). In Preparation.
- Guan Y, Ploetz T. Ensembles of deep LSTM Learners for Activity Recognition using Wearables. Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies 2017, 1(2), 11.
- Guan X, Li CT, Guan Y. Enhanced SVD for Collaborative Filtering. In: Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD 2016). 2016, Auckland, New Zealand: Springer.
- Guan Y, Li C-T, Roli F. On Reducing the effect of Covariate Factors in Gait Recognition: A Classifier Ensemble Method. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 2015, 37(7), 1521-1528.
- Li R, Li C-T, Guan Y. Inference of a compact representation of sensor fingerprint for source camera identification. Pattern Recognition 2018, 74, 556-567.