- Project Dates: From January 2015 to August 2017
- Project Leader: Prof. Alexander Romanovsky (PI)
- Staff: Dr. Paolo Missier (Collaborator)
- Sponsors: Medical Research Council (UK)
This project is a collaboration between Computing Science (Newcastle University) and Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio).
The focus of the project is as follows:
- Design and implement a software infrastructure (the software product line) to support monitoring of epidemic diseases such as Dengue fever.
- Apply Data Analytics models on collected data to predict Dengue fever outbreaks and related events.
- Understand the spread patters of Dengue fever in real time using Data Analytics to better allocate public health resources.