- Project Dates: From November 2008 to July 2011
- Project Leader: Prof. Richard Thomson - Institute of Health & Society
- Staff: Prof. Aad van Moorsel, Prof. Julia Critchley, Dr. John Colquhoun
- Sponsors: NHS, Private Care Trust South of Tyne and Wear
- Partners: Institute of Health and Society
This work is primarily intended to support the cardiovascular risk reduction programme in the South of Tyne & Wear Primary Care Trust (SoTW PCT), although potentially it could be used nationally. We also believe that this approach may be applicable to a range of other health and health care interventions. We will develop and trial a tool that will help local general practitioners in their discussions with people who have high levels of cardiovascular risk. It should assist general practitioners get across the level of risk and enable discussions about participating in risk reduction.