The School of Computing Science was originally founded in 1957 as the Computing Laboratory and has published thousands of publications. At that time Newcastle University was part of Durham University and known as King's College. In 1963 King's College became the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, and in 1992 the Computing Laboratory became the Department of Computing Science.
Year: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975 1974 1973 1972 1971 1970 1969 1968 1967 1966 1965 1964 1963 1962 1961 1960 1958
- Gomes T, Abade T, Campos JC, Harrison MD, Silva JL. A Virtual Environment based Serious Game to Support Health Education.
EAI Endorsed Transactions on Ambient Systems 2014, 14.
- Ushaw G, Blewitt W, Morgan G. Adopting Commercially Inspired Practices within an Academic Teaching Course: A Case Study of a Computer Games Engineering Degree.
In: 6th International Conference on Computer Supported Education. 2014, Barcelona, Spain. Submitted.
- Graziadio S, Davison R, Shalabi K, Sahota KMA, Ushaw G, Morgan G, Eyre JA. Bespoke Video Games to Provide Early Response Markers to Identify the Optimal Strategies for Maximizing Rehabilitation.
In: The 29th Symposium On Applied Computing. 2014, Gyeongju, Korea: ACM. In Preparation.
- Fitzgerald JS, Larsen PG, Verhoef MHG, ed. Collaborative Design for Embedded Systems: Co-modelling and Co-simulation.
Springer, 2014. In Press.
- Mokhov A, Rykunov M, Sokolov D, Yakovlev A. Design of Processors with Reconfigurable Microarchitecture.
Journal of Low Power Electronics and Applications 2014, 4(1), 26-43.
- Guido JS, Yakovlev A. Design of Self-Timed Reconfigurable Controllers for Parallel Synchronization via Wagging.
IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) Systems 2014. In Press.
- Comber R, Choi JH-j, Hoonhout J, O'Hara K. Designing for human-food interaction: An introduction to the special issue on 'food and interaction design'.
International Journal of Human-Computer Studies 2014, 72(2), 181-184.
- Tarawneh G, Yakovlev A, Mak T. Eliminating Synchronization Latency Using Sequenced Latching.
IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems 2014, 22(2), 408-419.
- Fitzgerald J, Larsen PG, Woodcock J. Foundations for Model-Based Engineering of Systems of Systems.
In: Fourth International Conference on Complex Systems Design & Management (CSD&M) 2013. 2014, Paris, France: Springer.
- Sharp C, Morgan G. Introducing Semantic Conflict Resolution to Word Based Software Transactional Memory.
Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2014. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1409.
- Bryans J, Fitzgerald J, Payne R, Kristensen K. Maintaining Emergence in Systems of Systems Integration: a Contractual Approach using SysML.
Newcastle University, 2014. School of Computing Science 1406.
- Dahir N, Mak T, Xia F, Yakovlev A. Modelling and Tools for Power Supply Variations Analysis in Networks-on-Chip.
IEEE Transactions on Computers 2014, PP(99), 1-1.
- Dörk M, Comber R, Dade-Robertson M. Monadic Exploration: Seeing the Whole Through Its Parts.
In: Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2014, ACM.
- Lazenby J, Chang C-Y. Pathogens.
In: Randall, MD, ed. Medical Sciences at a Glance. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2014, pp.130-133.
- Iliasov A, Lopatkin I, Romanovsky A. Practical formal methods in railways - the SafeCap Approach.
Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2014. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1404.
- Silva JL, Campos JC, Harrison MD. Prototyping and analysing ubiquitous computing environments using multiple layers.
International Journal of Human Computer Studies 2014.
- Lopatkin I, Romanovsky A. Rigorous Development of Fault-Tolerant Systems through Co-Refinement.
Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2014. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1405.
- Rafiev A, Iliasov A, Romanovsky A, Mokhov A, Xia F, Yakovlev A. Studying the Interplay of Concurrency, Performance, Energy and Reliability with ArchOn – an Architecture-open Resource-driven Cross-layer Modelling Framework.
Newcastle upon Tyne: School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2014. School of Computing Science Technical Report Series 1408.
- Hook AL, Chang C-Y, Scurr DJ, Langer R, Anderson DG, Williams P, Davies MC, Alexander MR. Thermally Switchable Polymers Achieve Controlled Escherichia coli Detachment.
Advanced Healthcare Materials 2014.