The Asynchronous Systems theme runs a seminar series whose aim is to provide a forum for research staff and students (over 50 people are currently registered with the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org) to present and discuss work on a wide range of topics related to the theory and applications of concurrent and distributed systems. The meetings are organised jointly by the School of Computing Science (Prof. Maciej Koutny) and the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Prof. Alex Yakovlev).
Topics and Activities
- Regular one-hour meetings.
- Design and analysis of concurrent computing systems and asynchronous circuits.
- Verification, model checking and synthesis using formal techniques (such as Petri nets and process algebras).
- Tools: development and support.
- Research monographs and books (6).
- Book chapters (over 15).
- Journal papers (over 50).
- Refereed conference papers (over 100).
- Research grants (over 15).
- Tools and chips (17).
- Doctorates: DSc and PhD (12).
- Research Fellowship (Royal Acad of Eng/EPSRC).
- Several steering and program committees memberships.