A Newcastle University Congregation ceremony is a celebration of the achievement of those who have been awarded Undergraduate degrees, Postgraduate degrees, Certificates, and Diplomas.
We hold the following sets of ceremonies annually:
- February (Shanghai ceremony). We regret to inform you that a Shanghai ceremony will not take place in 2015.
- June (NUMed ceremony in Malaysia). This ceremony is for students who have studied at Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia.
- July (Newcastle Summer ceremonies). This is the main Congregations period for students who complete awards in May/June. The majority of students at July ceremonies attend for undergraduate awards, but students with postgraduate awards are also welcome to attend.
- November (Singapore ceremony). This ceremony is for students who have studied at Newcastle University International Singapore.
- December (Newcastle Winter ceremonies). This is the main Congregations period for students who complete awards in September-November. The majority of students at December ceremonies attend for postgraduate awards, but students with undergraduate awards are also welcome to attend.
Upcoming ceremonies in 2014
- November 2014 (Singapore ceremony): 7 November 2014
- December 2014 (Newcastle Winter ceremonies): 2, 3 and 4 December 2014.
The provisional dates for the July 2015 ceremonies are 7 to 16 July 2015. These dates will be confirmed in due course.