The links below provide a full description of the University's academic dress, and contain pictures of some of the gowns and hoods.
Postgraduate Degrees (sometimes called Higher Degrees)
- Doctorates: including DCL, DSc, MD, DCh, DLitt, DDSc, DDS, LLD, DMus, DD, DEng, EngD, PhD, DClinPsych, DBA, EdD, DAppEdPsy, DEdPsy.
- Postgraduate Masters Degrees: including MLitt, MPhil, MRes, MA, MArch, MClinEd, MMedEd, MFA, MMus, MSc, IGDS MSc, MBA, MPA, MPH, MLA, LLM, MTP, MEd, MTL.
Undergraduate Degrees (sometimes called Initial Degrees)
- Bachelors and Undergraduate Masters Degrees: including BA, BMus, BSc, BEng, BArch, LLB, MChem, MMath, MPhys, MEng, MPlan, MB BS, BMedSci, BDS.
- Diplomas (such as Diploma in Town Planning, Postgraduate Diploma in Communications and Signal Processing, Higher Education Diploma in Biochemistry)
- Certificates (such as Certificate in Architectural Practice, Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Higher Education Certificate in Cancer Studies)