A Newcastle University Congregation ceremony is a celebration of the achievement of those who have been awarded Undergraduate degrees, Postgraduate degrees, Certificates, and Diplomas.
We hold the following sets of ceremonies annually:
- February (Shanghai ceremony). We regret to inform you that a Shanghai ceremony will not take place in 2015.
- June (NUMed ceremony in Malaysia). This ceremony is for students who have studied at Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia.
- July (Newcastle Summer ceremonies). This is the main Congregations period for students who complete awards in May/June. The majority of students at July ceremonies attend for undergraduate awards, but students with postgraduate awards are also welcome to attend.
- November (Singapore ceremony). This ceremony is for students who have studied at Newcastle University International Singapore.
- December (Newcastle Winter ceremonies). This is the main Congregations period for students who complete awards in September-November. The majority of students at December ceremonies attend for postgraduate awards, but students with undergraduate awards are also welcome to attend.
Upcoming ceremonies in 2014
The July 2015 ceremonies will take place between 7 and 16 July 2015. A full timetable will be published in early 2015 (February/March).