Each parchment is unique. All parchments contain parchment security features (PDF: 135KB) to prevent fraudulent use. Although the University’s trading name is Newcastle University, the name University of Newcastle upon Tyne is still used on degree parchments.
If your qualification is a modular one, you'll get a HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report) with your parchment. Most undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes are modular, except the MBBS and the BDS.
In common with many other universities, we don't give degree parchments out during the graduation ceremony. When you get your parchment depends on the month your final results are awarded.
Final results awarded in January, February, March, April, July, August, September, December
We’ll produce your parchment 1-6 weeks after your results have been awarded. We’ll email you when your parchment is ready. We’ll give you several ways of receiving it.
Final results awarded in May, June, October, November
We’ll produce your parchment in time for the Congregations
|Final Results Awarded||Collection Time|
|May - June||Collect during July Congregations|
|October - November||Collect during December Congregations|
There are four ways to receive your parchment:
- If you're attending your ceremony, you can collect it from campus.
- If you are not attending your ceremony, your friend can collect it from campus. Complete the Parchment Collection Form.
- Delivery by DHL Courier - particularly recommend for delivery to Africa or Asia:
DHL Delivery within the UK and ROI (£10)
DHL International Delivery (£18)
- Standard delivery to home address on S3P
Parchments not collected or sent by DHL will be posted when the congregations are over. Parchments sent by Royal Mail are not trackable or guaranteed. They may take up to 6 weeks to reach you.
Appearance of names on parchments
Your name will appear on your parchment exactly as it appears in the University records. We print your surname in capital letters.
Check S3P to ensure your name matches your birth certificate/passport.
- word order
- all legal names including middle names
- that there are no initials. They will be omitted unless the initial appears on your passport or birth certificate
If anything is incorrect, take your passport or birth certificate to your School Office/King's Gate.
What to do if you haven't received your parchment
- Up to 6 weeks after you've completed your award
Sit tight – it could take this long to reach you.
- Between 6 weeks and 1 year after completion
Contact the Congregations Office.
- More than a year after completion
You'll need to apply for a duplicate copy of your parchment.