The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Newcastle Clinical Research Facility collaborates with:
- NIHR Newcastle Biomedical Research Centre and other NIHR-funded infrastructure
- Industry collaborators
- Research Councils, health charities and other research funders
The NIHR Newcastle Clinical Research Facility (CRF) is a partnership between Newcastle University and the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
We are located across three sites in close proximity:
- Newcastle CRF in the Leazes Wing of the Royal Victoria Infirmary
- Clinical Ageing Research Unit (CARU) on the Campus for Ageing and Vitality (CAV)
- Newcastle Dental CRF within the Newcastle Dental Hospital and School of Dental Sciences.
Please view our video above right which provides an introduction to the work of the CRF.
The RVI CRF supports complex experimental medicine research studies in children and adults. It has special interest in immune modulation, gene correction and cell based therapies
CARU focuses on research related to ageing and age-related conditions. It is part of the MRC Dementia Platform UK and based at the Campus for Ageing and Vitality.