David Bradley, Professor Mike Coombes and Tom Strickland from CURDS will be carrying out the research.
The study to assess the economic impact of the New Tyne Crossing has been commissioned by North Tyneside Council, South Tyneside Council, Tyne and Wear Integrated Transport Authority and TT2.
The research will include:
• Research design and literature review
• Analysis of travel time and vehicle flow data
• Interviews with local businesses
• Interviews with business representative organisations
• Interviews with commercial and industrial property agents
The main focus for the research with businesses will be the A19 corridor through North Tyneside, South Tyneside and Sunderland.
The findings of the research will be available for the Partners by November 2012
Published: 12th July 2012