Clinical Fellow in Restorative Dentistry
- Email: email@example.com
- Clinical Fellow in Restorative Dentistry, Newcastle University
- Member of the BDA Northern Branch Council
- Early Career Clinical Fellow in Restorative Dentistry, Newcastle University (2015-2017)
- Senior House Officer (DF2), Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle (2014-15)
- Foundation Dentist in General Dental Practice (2013-14)
- Member of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, 2015)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery with a in Academic Dentistry (Newcastle, 2013)
- Masters in Research in Nanomedicine with Distinction (Newcastle, 2012)
Honours and Awards
- James Coltman prize awarded for best restorative case presentation in finals (Newcastle, 2013).
- British Dental Association
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Awarded the Wellcome trust Institutional strategic support fund for research into developing a model to explore therapeutic targets in inflammatory pulpal pain.
- Awarded the TC white young researchers grant for the EVIDENcE study examining the role of neuropeptides in inflammatory pulpal pain.
- Audit was on the consent process for patients undergoing elective GA. Audit was then presented in the form of an abstract at the 2015 British Association of Oral Surgeons conference in Manchester.
- Masters in Research degree undertaken into the effect of Novamin treatment to the growth of S. Mutans and S. Sobrinus on the surface of dentine.
- Student elective researching the effects of Sjӧgren’s Syndrome on the quality of life of patients. Research undertaken in Dunedin, New Zealand Dental School Oral Medicine Department.
- Summer student internship at Queens University Belfast 2008, researching the ability of ozone to affect MRSA and C.Difficile. This research was presented at the Pan-European IADR Conference in London.
- Obtained status as a Fellow of the Higher education academy June 2017
- Obtained the Newcastle Teaching award qualification December 2016
- Obtained status as associated Fellow of the Higher education academy June 2016.
Notable teaching roles I have been involved with include:
- Delivering study days for the Northern deanery to General professional trainees
- Delivering lectures to undergraduates on a range of restorative topics
- Assisting in the delivery of MaD (medicine and dentistry) study days for prospective students
- The production in single best answer questions for use within finals examinations
- Supervising students providing treatment to patients on range of different clinics
- Acting as tutor and mentor for undergraduate students.
- Assisted in the restructuring of the 1st year BDS Neurobiology course.