Dr Katherine Wilson
Associate Clinical Lecturer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 2825306
- Address: Department of Sedation
Newcastle Dental School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewer for :
The British Dental Journal
Journal of Disability and Oral Health
International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry
TeachingLecturer and examiner for the Postgraduate Diploma in Conscious Sedation in Dentistry
- Hiral P, Reid C, Wilson K, Girdler NM. Inter-rater agreement between children's self-reported and parents' proxy-reported dental anxiety. British Dental Journal 2015, 218, E6.
- Clarke M, Wilson KE, Girdler NM, Stassen LFA. Effect of patient position and verbal interaction on recovery following intravenous sedation. Oral Surgery 2013, 6(4), 193-199.
- Wilson K, Bouchiba M, Vithlani G, Holmes R. Patient satisfaction with oral urgent treatment (OUT) in North West Tanzania. British Dental Journal 2013, 215(3), 131-134.
- Hierons RJ, Dorman ML, Wilson K, Averley P, Girdler N. Investigation of inhalational conscious sedation as a tool for reducing anxiety in adults undergoing exodontia. British Dental Journal 2012, 213, E9.
- Wilson KE, Dorman ML, Moore PA, Girdler NM. Pain control and anxiety management for periodontal therapies. Periodontology 2000 2008, 46(1), 42-55.
- Wilson KE, Welbury RR, Girdler NM. Comparison of transmucosal midazolam with inhalation sedation for dental extractions in children. a randomized, cross-over, clinical trial. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica 2007, 51(8), 1062-1067.
- Wilson KE, Girdler NM, Welbury RR. A comparison of oral midazolam and nitrous oxide sedation for dental extractions in children. Anaesthesia 2006, 61(12), 1138-1144.
- Wilson KE, Girdler NM, Welbury RR. [abstract] Intravenous midazolam sedation for orthodontic extractions in paediatric dental patients. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 2004, 14(5), 400.
- Shearer J, Wilson KE, Girdler NM. A survey of the opinions of consultant anaesthetists in Scotland of sedation carried out by dentists. British Dental Journal 2004, 196(2), 93-98.
- Wilson KE, Girdler NM, Welbury RR. Randomized, controlled, cross-over clinical trial comparing intravenous midazolam sedation with nitrous oxide sedation in children undergoing dental extractions. British Journal of Anaesthesia 2003, 91(6), 850-856.
- Nunn JH, Prabhu NT, Wilson K, Enever G, Evans D, Steen N. Results of a questionnaire-based survey to the parents/carers of disabled patients. In: Journal of Dental Research: 1st Annual Meeting of the International Association for Dental Research. 2003, Cardiff, UK: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Wilson KE, Welbury RR, Girdler NM. A randomised, controlled, crossover trial of oral midazolam and nitrous oxide for paediatric dental sedation. Anaesthesia 2002, 57(9), 860-867.
- Wilson KE, Welbury RR, Girdler NM. A study of the effectiveness of oral midazolam sedation for orthodontic extraction of permanent teeth in children: A prospective, randomised, controlled, crossover trial. British Dental Journal 2002, 192(8), 457-462.
- Prabhu N, Nunn J, Wilson K, Enever G, Evans D, Steen N, Girdler N. The development of a screening tool to asess disabled people's suitability for oral care in primary or secondary care settings. Journal of Dental Research 2002, 81(special issue 1), A182 abstract no. 1323.
- Wilson K, Girdler NM, Welbury RR. Oral midazolam sedation for orthodontic extractions in children. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 2001, 11, 388-389.
- Wilson K, Girdler NM, Lyne JP. Patient-controlled sedation in phobic dental patients. Proceedings of the Association of Dental Anaesthetists 2000, 18, 41-43.