We are in one of the most spacious and best-equipped dental training facilities in the country. Teaching staff include:
- top-level scientists
- University and NHS-based clinical academics
- experienced clinicians from general practice
It's a blend of individuals that enrich the learning environment.
Our teaching benefits from scientific evidence and our clinical teachers are active clinicians.
They hold combined University and NHS appointments. The quality of our teaching is a top priority, and the school boasts:
- two National Teaching Fellows
- two Dental Defence Union National Dental Teacher of the Year award winners
- eight teachers who have received Distinguished Scientist awards
The awards for the latter came from the International Association for Dental Research. They're in recognition of their research prowess. The School is:
- in the same building as the Dental Hospital
- linked directly to the Medical School
- linked to the Royal Victoria Infirmary teaching hospital
We're part of Newcastle Academic Health Partners, one of largest integrated teaching and hospital complexes in the country.
We update our clinical skills training facilities and our clinical areas regularly.
Our facilities are of the highest standard, including more than 25 dental operating microscopes.
A huge asset at the disposal of our teachers and tutors is the Newcastle iDentity eportfolio. Here, we:
- keep a record of performance
- encourage confidential reflection
- conceive action plans
The iDentity eportfolio is recognised as an example of exemplary innovation in student support.