We are able to support applications for the Education and Linguistics (Speech & Language Sciences; Applied Linguistics and Communication) pathways. Applicants are strongly advised to look on our website to identify potential supervisors and contact them as soon as possible. Please copy in Dr Carolyn Letts, Director of Postgraduate Research. It is important that we check whether supervision is available and direct you to suitable people who can work with you on your application.
We particularly want to attract candidates to work on projects in the following areas:
- Social justice and social policy in education.
- Innovative research methodologies in Education.
- Teacher professional learning and leadership.
- Innovative teaching, learning and accreditation in formal and informal settings.
- Learning spaces.
- Higher Education teaching, learning and internationalization.
- First and second language acquisition and impairment.
- Speech, language and literacy interventions.
- Phonological awareness skills in relation to speech and language disorders.
- Laboratory phonology, experimental phonetics, and sociophonetics
- Analysis of changing patterns of language development using national and international birth cohorts
- Exploring communication environments in early years settings
- Language and linguistic processing in aphasia.
- Video Enhanced Observation (VEO) in relation to language learning/teaching and professional communication
- Cross and intercultural communication
- Social psychology of communication
- Analysis of spoken interaction
published on: 8 December 2016