We have close working relationships with many agencies for education and employment. The School has a good track record in successfully completing research for a wide range of sponsors. These include:
- Economic and Social Research Council
- Department for Education
- Qualifications and Curriculum Authority
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Nuffield Foundation
We work with local education authorities and have collaborative arrangements with schools and colleges. Our research addresses cutting edge issues in current educational policy.
- Professional Learning for Change (PLC)
- Education, Society and Inequalities (ESI)
- Innovative Pedagogy and Curriculum (IPC)
- Teaching and Learning in HE (TLHE)
- Research in Transformative Education for Equity (tRee)
- Learning Environments Research Group (LERG)
Innovative Technologies (iLaB) is a laboratory developing digital educational applications.
We are a major provider of:
- teacher training
- continuing professional development
- advice and evaluation support to education institutions
We're particularly interested in research activities which impact on policy and practice.
Research activity is carried out in the Research Centre for Learning and Teaching and Sole Central.