As this is the largest School in the University and the vast majority of its students are postgraduates, there is a thriving research culture.
We currently have over 140 postgraduate research students in the School. Facilities include dedicated office space equipped with PCs for PhD students; a resource centre and computer clusters available to all postgraduate research students.
• The School has a PhD Support Group run by
• There is an annual School conference for research students
• The School publishes an electronic journal of research student work (ARECLS)
• A number of research events open to staff and research students run in the School, including:
- The Seminars in Speech and Language Sciences Programme
- The Seminars in Education and Communication Programme
- The Education, Communication and Language Sciences Postgraduate Research Group
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences provides research training in professional/key skills and research techniques, and hosts postgraduate events.