Year: 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1977 0000
- Escobar C, Walsh S. 'Classroom interactional competence in content and language integrated learning'.
In: T. Morton; A. Llinares, ed. Applied Linguistics Perspectives on CLIL. 2016. In Press.
- Walsh S, Li L. 'Classroom talk, interaction and collaboration’.
In: G. Hall, ed. Routledge Handbook of English Language Teaching. Routledge, 2016.
- Schartner A, Cho Y. 'Empty signifiers' and 'dreamy ideals'. Perceptions of the 'international university' among higher education students and staff at a British university.
Higher Education 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Leyland C. 'Pre-enactment' in team-teacher planning talk: demonstrating a possible future in the here-and-now.
Pragmatics (Quarterly) 2016. In Press.
- Young TJ. Questionnaires and Surveys.
In: Zhu Hua, ed. Research Methods in Intercultural Communication: A Practical Guide. Oxford: Blackwell, 2016, pp.165-180.
- Gibbs S, Papps I. The economic evaluation of Educational Psychology Services:A Scoping Report.
Educational Psychology in Practice 2016. Submitted.
- Vuković M, Vuković I, Miller N. Acquired dyslexia in Serbian speakers with Broca's and Wernicke's aphasia.
Journal of Communication Disorders 2016, 61, 106-118.
- Woolner P, Tiplady L. Adapting School Premises as Part of a Complex Pedagogical Change Programme.
In: Stadler-Altmann,U, ed. (English) Learning Environment. Educational and Architectual Views on Schoolbuildings and Classrooms. (German) Lernumgebungen. Erziehungswissenschaftliche und architekturkritische Perspektiven auf Schulgebäude und Klassenzimmer. Opladen/Berlin/Toronto: Barbara Budrich, 2016, pp.69-81.
- Koglbauer R. ALL President's Blog. ALL President René Koglbauer ponders the assessment dilemma.
Languages Today 2016, Summer 2016(23), 23.
- Menger F, Morris J, Salis C. Aphasia in an Internet age: wider perspectives on digital inclusion.
Aphasiology 2016, 30(2-3), 112-132.
- Seedhouse P, Knight D. Applying Digital Sensor Technology: A Problem-Solving Approach.
Applied Linguistics 2016, 37(1), 7-32.
- Humble S, Dixon P, Schagen I. Assessing intellectual potential in Tanzanian children in poor areas of Dar es Salaam.
Assessment in Education: Principles, Policy and Practice 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Casto H, McGrath B, Sipple J, Todd L. “Community aware” education policy: enhancing individual and community vitality.
Education Policy Analysis Archives 2016, 24, 50.
- Koglbauer R. BREXIT - initial thoughts on effects on our schools.
BERA, 2016. Available at: https://www.bera.ac.uk/blog/brexit-initial-thoughts-on-effects-on-our-schools.
- Smith HJ. Britishness as racist nativism: a case of the unnamed ‘other’.
Journal of Education for Teaching 2016, 42(3), 298-313.
- McKean C, Law J, Morgan A, Reilly S. Childhood Language Impairment.
In: S,Rueschemeyer;G,Gaskell, ed. Oxford Handbook of Psycholinguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016. Submitted.
- Cotterill S, Hudson M, Lloyd K, Outterside J, Peterson J, Coburn J, Thomas U, Tiplady L, Robinson P, Heslop P. Co-curate: Working with Schools and Communities to Add Value to Open Collections.
Journal of Interactive Media in Education 2016, 14(1), 1–9.
- Koglbauer R, Andersen E, Stewart S. Communicating and teaching languages: a module for life.
In: Corradini, E; Borthwick, K; Gallagher-Brett, A, ed. Employability for languages: a handbook. Dublin, Ireland: Research-publishing.net, 2016, pp.103-111.
- Riches NG. Complex sentence profiles in children with Specific Language Impairment: are they really atypical?.
Journal of Child Language 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Mortensen K, Brandt A. Conversation analysis.
In: Zhu Hua, ed. Research Methods in Intercultural Communication. London: Routledge, 2016.
- Seedhouse P, Brandt A. Conversation analysis and language learning: emerging trends from the last decade.
Language Teaching 2016. In Preparation.
- Mazzoli Smith L, Laing K. Creating a transformational space through narrative: Looked after young people tell their life stories.
In: Formenti, L; West, L, ed. Stories that Make a Difference: Exploring the collective, social and political potential of narratives in adult education research. Milan: Pensa Multimedia, 2016, pp.247-255.
- Smyth G, Smith HJ. Critical understandings of tolerance as a teacher attribute in the new teacher standards in England.
Discourse: studies in the cultural politics of education 2016. In Preparation.
- Young TJ, Schartner A, Brandt A. Cross-Cultural Communication and Engineering Education.
In: Invited talk to Tokyo University staff and Japanese Engineering Employers. 2016.
- Young TJ. Culture, Interculturality and Identity in English language Education.
In: Invited talk to Hiroshima University staff and students. 2016, Hiroshima University, Japan.
- Salis C, Hwang F. Digital technology and aphasia.
Aphasiology 2016, 30(2-3), 109-111.
- Jones H. Discussing poverty with student teachers: the realities of dialogue.
Journal of Education for Teaching (JET) 2016, 42(4), 468-482.
- Barrow W, Gibbs S, Lumsdon D, Parker R, Peters B. Does it matter if psychologists are unrepresentative?.
The Psychologist 2016, 29(2), 84-84.
- Leyland C, Greer T, Rettig-Miki E. Dropping the devil's advocate: TA follow-up contributions in EFL group discussion tests.
Classroom Discourse 2016, 7(1), 85-107.
- Law J, Rush R, King T, Westrupp E, Reilly S. Early home activities and oral language skills in middle childhood: A quantile analysis.
Child Development 2016. In Press.
- Laing K, Mazzoli Smith L, Todd L. Educating urban youth: fair or foul?.
In: Davoudi,S; Bell,D, ed. Justice and Fairness in the City: A multi-disciplinary approach to 'ordinary' cities. Bristol, UK: Policy Press, 2016, pp.231-248.
- Laing K, Mazzoli-Smith L, Todd L. Education: Fair or Foul?.
In: Davoudi,S;Bell,S, ed. Justice and Fairness in the City: A multi-disciplinary approach to 'Ordinary' cities. Bristol: Policy Press, 2016.
- Riches NG, Loucas T, Baird G, Charman T, Simonoff E. Elephants in Pyjamas: Testing the Weak Central Coherence Account of Autism Spectrum Disorders Using a Syntactic Disambiguation Task.
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 2016, 46(1), 155-163.
- Späth M, Aichert I, Ceballos-Baumann A, Wagner-Sonntag E, Miller N, Ziegler W. Entraining with another person's speech rhythm: Evidence from healthy speakers and individuals with Parkinson's disease.
Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics 2016, 30(1), 68-85.
- Koglbauer R. European Day of Languages Competition goes national.
Languages Today 2016, Summer 2016(23), 5.
- Hua Z, Handford M, Young TJ. Framing interculturality: a corpus-based analysis of online promotional discourse of higher education intercultural communication courses.
Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development 2016.
- Dixon P, Humble S, Chan DW. How children living in poor areas of Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania perceive their own multiple intelligences.
Oxford Review of Education 2016, 42(2), 230-248.
- Hua Z, Holmes P, Young TJ, Angouri J. How to Identify Research Questions.
In: Zhu Hua, ed. Research Methods in Intercultural Communication: A Practical Guide. John Wiley & Sons, 2016, pp.73-87.
- Greer T, Leyland C. Incorporating a written object into L2 talk: Lesson planning between team-teachers in Japanese schools.
In: JALT Pan SIG Conference. 2016, Meio University. Submitted.
- Young TJ, Schartner A, Tullo E. Intergroup and intercultural perspectives on communication and living with dementia.
In: British Association for Applied Linguistics Intercultural Communication SIG Annual Seminar. 2016, Open University, London.
- Young TJ, Schartner A, Brandt A. Internationalisation of Higher Education: A UK Perspective.
In: Invited talk to Tokyo University staff. 2016, Tokyo University, Japan.
- Kuschmann A, Miller N, Lowit A, Pennington L. Intonation patterns in older children with cerebral palsy before and after speech intervention.
International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology 2016. In Press.
- Jose L, Read J, Miller N. Is language a factor in the perception of foreign accent syndrome?.
Language and Speech 2016, 59(2), 219-235.
- Mitra S, Kulkarni S, Stanfield J. Learning at the Edge of Chaos—Self-Organising Systems in Education.
In: Lees, H. E. & Noddings., N, ed. The Palgrave International Handbook of Alternative Education. London, UK: Palgrave Macmillan, 2016. In Press.
- Tullo ES, Young TJ, Lee RP. Medical students’ views about person-centred communication in dementia care.
Dementia 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Kelly H, Kennedy F, Britton H, McGuire G, Law J. Narrowing the "digital divide"-facilitating access to computer technology to enhance the lives of those with aphasia: a feasibility study.
Aphasiology 2016, 30(2-3), 133-163.
- Cole R, Resing W, Gibbs S. Neuroscience and Educational Psychology.
Educational and Child Psychology 2016, 33(1), 5-7.
- Chanfreau J, Tanner E, Callanan M, Laing K, Skipp A, Todd L. Out of school activities during primary school and KS2 attainment.
Centre for Longitudinal Studies Working Paper Series 2016, 2016/1, 40 pp.
- Chanfreau J, Tanner E, Callanan M, Laing K, Skipp A, Todd L. Out of school activities during primary school and KS2 attainment.
London: Centre for Longitudinal Studies, 2016. Centre for Longitudinal Studies working paper series 2016/1.
- Young TJ, Tullo ES, Lee RL. Person-Centeredness, Culture and Communication in Dementia Care: An International Investigation of the Views of Medical Students.
In: Agwuele, A. and Lotto, A, ed. Essays in Speech Processes : Language Production and Perception. Sheffield, UK: Equinox Publishing, 2016, pp.244-268.
- Young TJ, Tullo ES, Schartner A. Person-Centred communication and the care of people living with dementia: exploring the perspectives of medical students in the UK and Malaysia.
In: 15th International Conference on Language and Social Psychology (ICLASP15). 2016, Bangkok, Thailand: International Association of Language and Social Psychology.
- Reilly S, McKean C, Morgan A, Wake M. Pre-school speech, language and fluency impairments: Best practice in identification and management.
Advances in Paediatrics 2016. In Press.
- McKean C, Law J, Mensah F, Eadie P, Frazer K, Reilly S. Predicting meaningful differences in school-entry language skills from child and family factors measured at 12 months of age.
International Journal of Early Childhood 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Tamasi K, McKean C, Gafos A, Fritzsche T, Hohle B. Pupillometry registers toddlers' sensitivity to degrees of mispronunciation.
Journal of Experimental Child Psychology 2016. In Press.
- Humble S. Quante probabilità ci sono? [How Likely is it?].
Archimede 2016, 2, 66-70.
- Smith H, ed. Race, Languages and Education.
2016. In Preparation.
- Mann S, Walsh S. Reflective Practice: A data-led, dialogic and collaborative approach to professional development and research.
Routrledge, 2016. In Preparation.
- Al-Tamimi J. Revisiting acoustic cues of Pharyngealization in Jordanian and Moroccan Arabic: Implications for feature specification.
Journal of Laboratory Phonology 2016. Submitted.
- Craven B, Tooley J. Safeguarding children: Ofsted and regulatory failure.
Economic Affairs 2016, 36(1), 64-79.
- Ergul H, Brandt A. Sequential organisation of assessments in TV audience interaction.
Journal of Pragmatics 2016. In Preparation.
- Smith FRH, Henderson LM. Sleep problems in children with dyslexia: understanding the role of sleep in neurocognitive development through the lens of developmental disorders.
Acta Paediatrica 2016, 105(9), 999-1000.
- Pennington L, Miller N, Kelly H, Parker N. Speech therapy for children with dysarthria acquired before three years of age. Update.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2016, CD006937.
- McNaney R, Othman M, Richardson D, Dunphy P, Amaral T, Miller N, Stringer H, Olivier P, Vines J. Speeching: Mobile Crowdsourced Speech Assessment to Support Self-Monitoring and Management for People with Parkinson’s.
In: CHI '16: Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2016, San Jose, CA, USA: ACM Press.
- Firth A, Whittle A. Strategic Neutrality in Commercial Debt-Recovery Phone Calls.
Journal of Business Communication 2016. In Preparation.
- Humble S. Street Maths: What's the chance of that?.
In: Silva, J.S, ed. Recreational Mathematics. Lisbon: Associacao Ludus, 2016, pp.161-166.
- Gibbs S, Atkinson C, Woods K, Bond C, Hill C, Morris S, Howe J. Supervision for School Psychologists in Training: Developing a framework from empirical findings.
School Psychology International 2016, 37(4), 410-431.
- Seedhouse P, ed. Task-based Language Learning in an Immersive Digital Environment: The European Digital Kitchen.
Bloomsbury, 2016. In Preparation.
- Son Jeong-Bae, Windeatt Scott, ed. Teaching CALL to Teachers.
2016. In Preparation.
- Seedhouse P, Nakatsuhara F. The Discourse of the IELTS Speaking Test: The Institutional Design of Spoken Interaction for Language Assessment.
Cambridge University Press, 2016. In Preparation.
- Schartner A. The effect of study abroad on intercultural competence: a longitudinal case study of international postgraduate students at a British university.
Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development 2016, 37(4), 402-418.
- Young TJ, Handford M, Schartner A, ed. The Internationalising University – An Intercultural Endeavour?.
- Young TJ, Handford M, Schartner A. The internationalising university: an intercultural endeavour?.
Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Schartner A, Young TJ. The Internationalising University: An Intercultural Endeavour? Perspectives From Around the Globe.
In: International Conference on Language and Social Psychology (ICLASP15). 2016, University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Firth A, Brandt A. The material world of material haggling: Interpretation and multimodality.
Language in Society 2016. In Preparation.
- Schneider S, Firth A. The Role of Laughter in Business Meetings.
Journal of Applied Linguistics 2016. In Preparation.
- Murray L, Salis C, Martin N, Dralle J. The use of standardised short-term and working memory tests in aphasia research: a systematic review.
Neuropsychological Rehabilitation : An International Journal 2016, (ePub ahead of print).
- Schartner A, Young TJ. Towards an integrated conceptual model of international student adjustment and adaptation.
European Journal of Higher Education 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Cook VJ. Transfer and the relationship between the languages of multi-competence.
In: Alonso, RA, ed. Crosslinguistic Influence in Second Language Acquisition. Bristol, UK: Multilingual Matters, 2016, pp.24-37.
- Humble S. Un rendez-vous matematico [A Mathematical Rendezvous].
Archimede 2016, (1), 14-18.
- Gillivan-Murphy P, Carding P, Miller N. Vocal tract characteristics in Parkinson's disease.
Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 2016, 24(3), 175-182.
- Cook VJ. Where is the native speaker now?.
TESOL Quarterly 2016, 50(1), 186-189.
- Young TJ, Walsh S, Schartner A. Which English in India? Attitudes, Identities and Realities.
World Englishes 2016. In Preparation.
- Young TJ, Walsh S, Schartner A. Which English? Teachers’ Perspectives on Targets, Models and Standards.
Applied Linguistics 2016. Submitted.