Year: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1977
- Letts C, Sinka I, Edwards S, Schaefer B. The New Reynell Developmental Language Scales: Descriptive account and illustrative case study.
Child Language Teaching and Therapy 2013. Submitted.
- Gibbs S. A context for cognitive education: Teachers’ beliefs.
In: International Association for Cognitive Education and Psychology. 2013, Leiden, The Netherlands. Submitted.
- Smith H. A critique of the teaching standards (1984-2012): discourses of equality to maintain the status quo.
Journal of Education Policy 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- King T. A framework for analysing social sequences.
Quality and Quantity 2013, 47(1), 167-191.
- Baumfield A, Hall E, Wall K. Action Research in Education: Learning Through Practioner Enquiry.
London: SAGE, 2013.
- Lofthouse R, Leat D. An Activity Theory Perspective on Peer Coaching.
International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching in Education 2013, 2(1). In Press.
- Wright C. An investigation of working memory effects on oral grammatical accuracy and fluency in producing questions in English.
TESOL Quarterly 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Gibbs S, Miller A. Applying psychology to enhance teachers' self-efficacy beliefs, classroom management and resilience.
Teachers and Teaching 2013. In Press.
- Wall K, Higgins S, Hall E, Woolner P. ‘That's not quite the way we see it’: the epistemological challenge of visual data.
International Journal of Research and Methods in Education 2013, 36(1), 3-22.
- Young TJ, Tullo ES, Lee R. “It’s up there with the most difficult things you have to deal with”. Medical students’ perspectives on person-centred communication in dementia care.
Ageing and Society 2013. Submitted.
- Wright C. “Why I still can’t questions?” – an investigation of formal and cognitive factors in L2 English question formation.
In: Whong, M; Gil, K-H; Marsden, H, ed. Universal Grammar and the Second Language Classroom. Springer, 2013. Submitted.
- Leat D, Kharrufa A, Olivier P. Brains on the table revisited: Digitising innovative formative assessment.
Assessment in Education: Principles, Policy & Practice 2013. Submitted.
- Walsh S. Classroom Discourse and Teacher Development.
Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2013. In Press.
- Seedhouse P. Conversation Analysis.
In: Bayley, R., Cameron, R. & Lucas, C, ed. The Oxford Handbook of Sociolinguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013, pp.91-110.
- Walsh S, Li L. Conversations as space for learning.
International Journal of Applied Linguistics 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Kharrufa A, Leat D, Olivier P. Designing for Reflection: A Case Study with Digital Tabletops and Digital Mysteries.
In: Yang, H., Wang, S, ed. Cases on E-learning Management: Development and Implementation. Information Science Reference: Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA, 2013, pp.268-293.
- McKean C, Letts CA, Howard D. Developmental change is key to understanding Primary Language Impairment: the case of phonotactic probability and nonword repetition.
Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research 2013. In Press.
- Garraffa M. Different stage of processing in agrammatic comprehension: a specification of the minimal chain condition.
In: Di Matteo, R., Tommasi, L, ed. Cross-linguistic Perspectives on Language Processing. John Benjamins, 2013. In Press.
- Athanasopoulos P, Bylund E. Does grammatical aspect affect motion event cognition? A cross-linguistic comparison of English and Swedish speakers.
Cognitive Science 2013, 37(2), 286-309.
- Knight D. e-Language: Communication in the Digital Age.
In: McEnery, T. and Baker, P, ed. Advances in Language and Linguistics - Corpora and Discourse studies. London: Palgrave, 2013. In Preparation.
- Law J, Todd L, Clark J, Mroz M, Carr J. Early Language Delays in the UK.
London: Save the Children, 2013.
- Walsh S. Educational linguistics.
In: Bublitz, W., Jucker, A.H., Schneider, K.P, ed. Handbooks of Pragmatics. Mouton de Gruyter, 2013. In Preparation.
- Cook V. ELF: Central or atypical second language acquisition?.
In: D. Singleton, J.A. Fishman, L. Aronin, M. O'Laoire, ed. Current Multilingualism: A New Linguistic Dispensation. New York: Walter de Gruyter, 2013, pp.27-44.
- Smith HJ. Emotional responses to documentary viewing and the potential for transformative teaching.
Teaching Education 2013, (epub ahead of print available 29th May 2013).
- Webster J, Whitworth A, Howard D. Exploring the relationship between sentence production and comprehension in people with aphasia.
Aphasiology 2013. In Preparation.
- Leat D. Exploring yardsticks for analysing teacher coaching practice: resisting disciplinary control.
European Journal of Teacher Education 2013. In Preparation.
- Robson S, Leat D, Wall K, Lofthouse R. Feedback or feed forward? Supporting Master’s students through effective assessment to enhance future learning.
In: Ryan, J, ed. Cross Cultural Teaching and Learning for Home and International Students: Internationalisation of Pedagogy and Curriculum in Higher Education. London: Routledge, 2013, pp.53-69.
- Knight D, Adolphs S, Carter R. Formality in digital discourse – A study of hedging in CANELC.
In: Romero-Trillo, J, ed. Yearbook of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics. London: Springer, 2013. In Press.
- Blake A, Edwards G. From "Hope & Glory" to "Waterloo Road": mediating discourses of 'crises' surrounding schools and schooling in British television drama, 1999-2011.
Discourse: Studies in the Cultural Politics of Education 2013, 34(3), e-pub ahead of print.
- McKean C, Letts CA, Howard D. Functional reorganisation in the developing lexicon: separable and changing influences of lexical and phonological variables on children's fast mapping.
Journal of Child Language 2013, 40(2), 307-335.
- Khattab G, Al-Tamimi J. Geminate timing in Lebanese Arabic: the relationship between phonetics and phonology.
Laboratory Phonology 2013. Submitted.
- Tiplady L, Wall K. How do senior leaders of schools in a practitioner enquiry network perceive their role in establishing a culture of lifelong learning?.
Improving Schools 2013. In Preparation.
- Wright C, Schartner A, Young T. How does your multilingual interaction grow?.
Journal of Research in International Education 2013. In Preparation.
- Khattab G, Al-Tamimi J. Influence of geminate structure on early Arabic templatic patterns.
In: Vihman, M., Keren-Portnoy, T, ed. The Emergence of Phonology: Whole-word approaches and Cross-linguistic Evidence. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2013. In Press.
- Pennington L, Roelant E, Thomson V, Robson S, Steen N, Miller N. Intensive dysarthria therapy for younger children with cerebral palsy.
Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Todd L. Interagency working and special education: beyond ‘virtuous’ ideas of partnership towards alternative frameworks for collaborative work with children.
In: Florian, L, ed. Sage Handbook of Special Education. Sage Publications Ltd, 2013. In Press.
- Dixon P. International Aid and Private Schools for the Poor: Smiles, Miracles and Markets.
Cheltenham, Gloucester: Edward Elgar, 2013.
- Pattison S, Robson S. Internationalization of British universities: Learning from the experiences of international counselling students.
International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Whitworth A, Webster J, Morris J. Intervention for acquired aphasia.
In: Cummings, L, ed. Cambridge Handbook of Communication Disorders. Cambridge University Press, 2013. In Press.
- Powell B, Gibbs S. Learning about behaviour: A qualitative case study of leadership and teachers’ efficacy beliefs in one primary school.
Social Psychology of Education 2013. Submitted.
- Docherty GJ, Langstrof C, Foulkes P. Listener evaluation of sociophonetic variability: probing constraints and capabilities.
Linguistics 2013, 51(2), 355-380.
- Clark J, Laing K, Tiplady L, Woolner P. Making Connections: Theory and Practice of Using Visual Methods to Aid Participation in Research.
Newcastle University: Research Centre for Learning and Teaching, 2013.
- Tullo ES, Young TJ. Medical students' attitudes towards people with dementia: An International survey.
Age and Ageing 2013, 42, ii 8 - 9.
- Bylund E, Athanasopoulos P, Oostendorp M. Motion event cognition and grammatical aspect: Evidence from Afrikaans.
Linguistics 2013. In Press.
- Khattab G. Phonetic convergence and divergence strategies in English-Arabic bilingual children.
Linguistics 2013, 51(2), 439-472.
- Humble S. Playground Maths Activities.
- Herbert R, Best W, Hickin J, Howard D, Osborne F. POWERS: Profile of Word Errors and Retrieval in Speech.
Guildford: J&R Press, 2013.
- Edwards G. Pre-service teachers’ growth as practitioners of developmentally appropriate practice: a Vygotskian analysis of constraints and affordances in the English context.
European Journal of Teacher Education 2013, [e-pub ahead of print].
- Gibbs S. Psychological research that transforms educational practice.
In: BPS Annual Conference. 2013, Harrogate, UK.
- Robson S, Wall K, Lofthouse R. Raising the profile of innovative teaching in Higher Education? Reflections on the EquATE project.
International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education 2013, 25(1). In Press.
- Mann S, Walsh S. RP or ‘RIP’: A Critical Perspective on Reflective Practice.
International Review of Applied Linguistics 2013, (Forthcoming, September 2013). In Press.
- Whong M, Wright C. Scope and research methodologies.
In: Herschensohn, J., Young-Scholten, M, ed. Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2013, pp.71-92.
- Koglbauer R. Social Networks In the Classroom.
Learning and Teaching Update 2013, 51. In Press.
- Firth A. Spoken Discourse and Social Interaction: An Introduction.
Oxford: Hodder Arnold, 2013. In Press.
- Loucas T, Riches N, Baird G, Pickles A, Simonoff E, Chandler S, Charman T. Spoken word recognition in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders and specific language impairment.
Applied Psycholinguistics 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Edwards G. Standpoint Theory, Realism and the Search for Objectivity in the Sociology of Education.
British Journal of Sociology of Education 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Thomas U, Tiplady L, Wall K. Stories of practitioner enquiry: using narrative interviews to explore teachers’ perspectives of learning to learn.
International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education 2013, Published online March 2013.
- Contemori C, Garraffa M. Subject Relatives clauses as a clinical marker for SLI: evidence from Italian.
In: Stavrakaki, S., Konstantinopoulou, P., Lalioti, M, ed. Advances in Language Acquisition. Newcastle, UK: Cambridge Scholar Press, 2013. In Press.
- Young TJ, Sercombe PG, Sachdev I, Naeb R, Schartner A. Success factors for international postgraduate students' adjustment: exploring the roles of intercultural competence, language proficiency, social contact and social support.
European Journal of Higher Education 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Jenks C, Firth A. Synchronous voice-based computer-mediated communication.
In: Herring, S., Stein, D., Virtanen, T, ed. Handbook of the Pragmatics of Computer-Mediated Communication. Berlin; New York: Mouton De Gruyter, 2013, pp.217-244.
- Kharrufa A, Balaam M, Heslop P, Leat D, Dolan P, Olivier P. Tables in the Wild: Lessons Learned from a Large-Scale Multi-Tabletop Deployment.
In: 31st International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '13). 2013, Paris, France. In Press.
- Firth A. Talk International: English as a Lingua Franca in the Workplace.
Routledge, 2013. In Press.
- Brown C, Gibbs S. Teachers’ responsibilities and collective efficacy beliefs.
2013. In Preparation.
- Wright C, Leung AHC, Lee CW. Testing the effects of a Year Abroad on L2 Chinese.
Journal of Language Teaching and Research 2013. In Preparation.
- Webster JU, Morris J, Connor C, Horner R, McCormac C, Potts A. Text level reading comprehension in aphasia: What do we know about therapy and what do we need to know?.
Aphasiology 2013. Submitted.
- Critchley H, Gibbs S. The effects of positive psychology on the efficacy beliefs of school staff.
Educational & Child Psychology 2013, 29(4). In Press.
- Leat D, Thomas U, Reid A. The Epistemological Fog in Realising Learning To Learn in European Curriculum Policies.
European Education Research Journal (Special Issue on European Curriculum) 2013. Submitted.
- Seedhouse P, Preston A, Olivier P, Jackson D, Heslop P, Plötz T, Balaam M, Ali S. The French Digital Kitchen: Implementing Task-Based Language Teaching beyond the Classroom.
International Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching 2013, 3(1), 50-72.
- Cook V. The Language of the Street.
Applied Linguistics Review 2013, 4(1), 43-81. In Press.
- Aye KK, Sercombe PG. The Noun Phrase in Standard Malay and Myanmar Compared: Pedagogical Implications for L1 MYanmar Speakers.
In: Boutin, M; Sercombe PG; Clynes, A, ed. Advances in the study of Bornean Cultures and Languages. Williamsburg, Virginia: Borneo Research Council, 2013. Submitted.
- Stringer H. The Practicalities (of conducting practice-based research).
In: Dobinson, C
Wren, Y, ed. Creating Practice-based Evidence: A Guide for Speech and Language Therapists. London: J&R Press, 2013. In Preparation.
- Dixon P, Tooley J, Schagen I. The relative quality of private and public schools for low-income families living in slums of Nairobi, Kenya.
In: Srivastava, P, ed. Low-fee Private Schooling: Aggravating Equity or Mitigating Disadvantage?. Oxford: Symposium Books, 2013, pp.83-103.
- Mackay C. title.
Francophonie 2013. In Press.
- Riches N. Treating the passive in children with Specific Language Impairment: a usage-based approach.
Child Language Teaching and Therapy 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Behrends E, Humble S. Triangle Mysteries.
The Mathematical Intelligencer 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- McKean C, Letts CA, Howard D. Triggering word learning in children with Language Impairment: The effect of phonotactic probability and neighbourhood density.
- Young TJ, Schartner A. What difference does studying cross-cultural communication make? Investigating its effects on international students’ adjustment and adaptation.
Language and Intercultural Communication 2013. Submitted.
- Leat D. Working Space: A conceptualisation of teachers’ professional learning in innovation contexts.
Professional Development in Education 2013. Submitted.