Year: 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1977 0000
- Barrow W. 'I think she's learnt how to sort of let the class speak': Children's perspectives on Philosophy for Children as participatory pedagogy.
Thinking Skills and Creativity 2015, 17, 76-87.
- Schartner A. 'You cannot talk with all of the strangers in a pub': a longitudinal case study of international postgraduate students' social ties at a British university.
Higher Education 2015, 69(2), 225-241.
- Miller N. Dyspraxia and its Management (reissue of 1986 book in Classic Revival Series).
Hove: Psychology Press, 2015.
- Lofthouse R, Flanagan J, Wigley B. A new model of collaborative action research; theorising from inter-professional practice development.
Educational Action Research 2015. Submitted.
- Schartner A. A longitudinal case study of the cross-cultural adjustment and adaptation of international postgraduate students in the UK.
In: European Conference on Educational Research. 2015, Corvinus University, Budapest, Hungary.
- Al-Tamimi J, Khattab G. Acoustic cue weighting in the singleton vs geminate contrast in Lebanese Arabic: The case of fricative consonants.
Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 2015, 138(1), 344-360.
- Stanfield J. Affordable learning: transforming education at the bottom of the pyramid.
In: Pauline Dixon, Steve Humble and Chris Counihan, ed. Handbook of International Development and Education. Cheltenham, Gloucester, UK and Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar, 2015, pp.131-148.
- Dixon P. Affordable Private Schools in Developing Countries.
In: James D. Wright (editor-in-chief), ed. International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences, 2nd Edition. Oxford: Elsevier, 2015, pp.269-271.
- Miller N, Wambaugh J. Apraxia of speech: nature, assessment, treatment.
In: I Papathanasiou, P Coppens, C Potagas, ed. Aphasia and related neurogenic communication disorders. Boston, USA: Jones & Bartlett, 2015. In Press.
- Whitworth A, Webster J, Howard D. Argument structure deficit in aphasia: it’s not all about verbs.
Aphasiology 2015, 29(12), 1426-1447.
- Salis C, Kelly H, Code C. Assessment and treatment of short-term and working memory impairments in stroke aphasia: A practical tutorial.
International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders 2015. In Press.
- Edwards S, Salis C, Meteyard L. “Aphasia.” In Oxford Bibliographies in Linguistics. Ed. Mark Aronoff. New York: Oxford University Press.
2015. In Press.
- Whitworth A, Claessen M, Leitao S, Webster J. Beyond narrative: Is there an implicit structure to the way in which adults organise their discourse?.
Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 2015, 29(6), 455-481.
- Seedhouse P, Preston A, Olivier P. Blending pedagogy, technology, skills and food: The French digital kitchen project.
In: McCarthy, M, ed. The Cambridge Guide to Blended Learning. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2015, pp.163-175. In Press.
- Preston A, Balaam M, Seedhouse P, Rafiev A, Jackson D, Olivier P. Can a kitchen teach languages? Linking theory and practice in the design of context-aware language learning environments.
Smart Learning Environments 2015, 2(9).
- Dockrell J, Bakopoulou I, Law J, Spencer S, Lindsay G. Capturing communication supporting classrooms: The development of a tool and feasibility study.
Child Language Teaching and Therapy 2015, Epub ahead of print.
- Reilly S, McKean C, Morgan A, Wake M. Clinical Review: Identifying and managing common childhood language and speech impairments.
British Medical Journal 2015, 350, h2318.
- Cotterill SJ, Hudson M, Lloyd K, Outterside J, Peterson J, Coburn J, Thomas U, Tiplady L, Robinson P, Heslop P. Co-Curate: working with schools and communities to add value to Open collections.
In: Open Educational Resources - OER15. 2015, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, Cardiff.
- Riches NG. Complex sentence profiles in children with Specific Language Impairment: are they really atypical?.
Journal of Child Language 2015. In Press.
- Lofthouse R, Thomas U. Concerning collaboration; teachers’ perspectives on working in partnerships to develop teaching practices.
Professional Development in Education 2015.
- Preston A. Cooking up the perfect storm: Redesign for learning in higher education with Self Organised Learning Environments.
2015. In Preparation.
- Vessey R. Corpus approaches to language ideology.
Applied Linguistics 2015, Epub ahead of print.
- Hopkins P, Todd L. Creating an intentionally dialogic space: student activism and the Newcastle Occupation 2010.
Political Geography 2015, 46, 31-40.
- Schartner A, Young TJ. Culture Shock or Love at First Sight? Exploring the 'Honeymoon' Stage of the International Student Sojourn.
In: Fabricius, AH; Preisler, B, ed. Transcultural Interaction and Linguistic Diversity in Higher Education. Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave MacMillan, 2015, pp.12-33.
- Laing K, Todd L. Developing a Children's Community for the West End of Newcastle: A feasibility study.
Research Centre for Learning and Teaching, Newcastle University, 2015. In Press.
- Woolner P, Clark A. Developing shared understandings of learning environments: interactions with students, teachers and other professionals.
In: Woolner,P, ed. School Design Together. Abingdon, Oxfordshire: Routledge, 2015, pp.167-183.
- Leat D, Lofthouse R, Reid A. Does teacher research fit with school improvement?.
Professional Development Today 2015, 17(4), 50-58.
- Leyland C, Greer T, Rettig-Miki E. Dropping the devil's advocate: TA follow-up contributions in EFL group discussion tests.
Classroom Discourse 2015. In Press.
- Laing K, Mazzoli-Smith L, Todd L. Education: Fair or foul?.
In: Bell,D;Davoudi,S, ed. Justice and Fairness in the City. Policy Press, 2015. Submitted.
- Laing K, Mazzoli Smith L, Todd L. Education: Fair or Foul?.
In: Bell,D; Davoudi,S, ed. Justice and Fairness in the City. Policy Press, 2015. In Press.
- Riches NG, Loucas T, Baird G, Charman T, Simonoff E. Elephants in Pyjamas: Testing the Weak Central Coherence Account of Autism Spectrum Disorders Using a Syntactic Disambiguation Task.
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 2015, e-pub ahead of print.
- Singer J, Woolner P. Exchanging ideas for the ever-changing school.
In: Woolner,P, ed. School Design Together. Abingdon, Oxfordshire: Routledge, 2015, pp.184-208.
- Melville A, Laing K, Stephen F. Family Lawyers and Multi-agency Approaches.
In: Maclean et al, ed. Delivering Family Justice in the 21st Century. Hart, 2015. In Press.
- Vessey R. Food fight: conflicting language ideologies in English and French news and social media.
Journal of Multicultural Discourses 2015, 10(2), 253-271.
- Best C, Shaw J, Docherty G, Evans B, Foulkes P, Hay J, Al-Tamimi J, Mair K, Mulak K, Wood S. From Newcastle MOUTH to Aussie ears: Australians’ perceptual assimilation and adaptation for Newcastle UK vowels.
In: Interspeech 2015. 2015, Dresden, Germany. In Press.
- Whitworth A, Webster J. Generalisation: exploring change across language levels.
Aphasiology 2015, 29(11), 1235-1239.
- Dixon P, Humble S, Counihan C, ed. Handbook of International Development and Education.
Cheltenham, Gloucester, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar, 2015.
- Tiplady L, Wall K. How do senior leaders of schools in a practitioner enquiry network perceive their role in establishing a culture of lifelong learning?.
Improving Schools 2015. In Preparation.
- Humble S. How to be Inventive when Teaching Primary Mathematics : Developing outstanding learners.
Abingdon: Routledge, 2015.
- Leat D, Lofthouse R, Thomas U. Implementing Enquiry and Project Based Learning - Revolution or Evolution?.
Education Today 2015, 65(2), 12-17.
- Humble S. In Search of Human Capital - Identifying Gifted Children in Poor Areas of Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
In: Dixon, P; Humble, S; Counihan, C, ed. Handbook of International Development and Education. Cheltenham, Gloucester, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar, 2015.
- Law J, Roulstone S, Lindsay G. Integrating external evidence of intervention effectiveness with both practice and the parent perspective: development of 'What Works' for speech, language and communication needs.
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 2015, 57(3), 223-228.
- Dixon P, Humble S, Marshall P. International Aid and Schooling for the Poor.
In: Dixon, P; Humble, S; Counihan, C, ed. Handbook of International Development and Education. Cheltenham, Gloucester, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar, 2015, pp.472-490.
- Jenks CJ, Seedhouse P, ed. International Perspectives on ELT Classroom Interaction.
Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- Fan M, Robson S, Leat D. International Postgraduate Students’ Perceptions and Experiences of Peer Assessment in a UK University: A Case Study.
In: Slethaug, G; Vinther, J, ed. International Teaching and Learning at Universities: Achieving Equilibrium with Local Culture and Pedagogy. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015, pp.135-159.
- Robson S. Internationalisation of the Curriculum: challenges and opportunities.
Journal of Perspectives in Applied Academic Practice 2015, Special Issue:Exploring Internationalisation of the curriculum to enhance the student experience. In Press.
- Webster J, Whitworth A, Morris J. Is it time to stop "fishing"? A review of generalisation following aphasia intervention.
Aphasiology 2015, 29(11), 1240-1264.
- Jose L, Read J, Miller N. Is language a factor in the perception of foreign accent syndrome?.
Language and Speech 2015, 1-17.
- Smith HJ, Lander V, Chetty D. It's race Jim, but not as we knew it: the simultaneous de-racialisation and re-racialization of education.
Race, Ethnicity and Education 2015. In Preparation.
- Seedhouse P. L2 Classroom Interaction as a Complex Adaptive System.
In: Markee, N, ed. The Handbook of Classroom Discourse and Interaction. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2015, pp.373-389.
- Lofthouse R. Learning in landscapes of practice: boundaries, identity, and knowledgeability in practice-based learning.
International Journal of Clinical Legal Education 2015, 22(2).
- Wight S, Miller N. Lee Silverman Voice Treatment for people with Parkinson’s: audit of outcomes in a routine clinic.
International Journal of Language Communication Disorders 2015, 50(2), 215-225.
- McKean C, Mensah F, Eadie P, Bavin E, Bretherton L, Cini E, Reilly S. Levers for Language Growth: Characteristics and Predictors of Language Trajectories between 4 and 7 Years.
PLoS One 2015, 10(8), e0134251.
- MacDonald M, Homolar A, Rethel L, Schnurr S, Vessey R. Manufacturing Dissent: the discursive formation of nuclear proliferation (2006-2012).
Discourse & Communication 2015, 9(2), 173-197.
- Whitworth A, Leitao S, Cartwright J, Webster J, Hankey G, Zach J, Howard D, Wolz V. NARNIA: a new twist to an old tale. A pilot RCT to evaluate a multilevel approach to improving discourse in aphasia.
Aphasiology 2015, 29(11), 1345-1382.
- Howard D, Best W, Nickels L. Optimising the design of intervention studies: critiques and ways forward.
Aphasiology 2015, 29(5), 526-562.
- Nickels L, Best W, Howard D. Optimising the ingredients for evaluation of the effects of intervention.
Aphasiology 2015, 29(5), 619-643.
- Riches N. Past tense –ed omissions by children with specific language impairment: the role of sonority and phonotactics.
Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 2015, 29(6), 482-497.
- Best C, Shaw J, Mulak K, Docherty G, Evans B, Foulkes P, Hay J, Al-Tamimi J, Mair K, Wood S. Perceiving and adapting to regional accent differences among vowel subsystems.
In: 18th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (ICPhS). 2015, Glasgow, UK. In Press.
- Schartner A, Cho Y. Perceptions of ‘internationalisation at home’ and ‘global citizenship’ among higher education students and staff.
In: 48th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics. 2015, Aston University, Birmingham.
- Freed J, McBean K, Adams C, Lockton E, Nash M, Law J. Performance of children with social communication disorder on the Happé Strange Stories: physical and mental state responses and relationship to language ability.
Journal of Communication Disorders 2015, 55, 1-14.
- Leyland C, Greer T. Physical artifacts and ‘pre-enactment’ in team-teacher planning discussions.
In: IIEMCA Conference 2015: Living the Material World. 2015, University of Southern Denmark.
- Woods K, Atkinson C, Bond C, Gibbs S, Hill V, Howe J, Morris S. Practice Placement Experiences and Needs of Trainee Educational Psychologists in England.
International Journal of School and Educational Psychology 2015, 3(2), 85-96.
- Brockbank S, Miller N, Owen S, Patterson JM. Pretreatment Information on Dysphagia: Exploring the Views of Head and Neck Cancer Patients.
Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2015, 49(1), 89-97.
- Wolf P, Egalite AJ, Dixon P. Private School Choice In Developing Countries: Experimental Results from Delhi, India.
In: Dixon, P; Humble, S; Counihan, C, ed. Handbook of International Development and Education. Cheltenham, Gloucester, UK and Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar, 2015, pp.456-471.
- Leyland C. Progressivity through joint focus of attention to a text-inclusive object: Topic shift in team teacher lesson planning meetings.
In: Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice. 2015, University of Milan.
- Edwards G, Canaan J. Radical, critical and Marxist education in neoliberal Britain.
Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies 2015, 13(3). In Press.
- Robson S, McHanwell S, Schartner A. Re-conceptualising and Rewarding Teaching Excellence in Higher Education Research Institutions: perceptions, practices and possibilities.
Teaching in Higher Education 2015. Submitted.
- Barrow W, Todd L. Reflections on the potential of VERP to support agency in professional reflection and development.
In: Kennedy, H; Landor, M; Todd, L, ed. Video Enhanced Reflective Practice: Professional Development through Attuned Interactions. London, UK: Jessica Kingsley Publisher, 2015.
- Vessey R. Review of M. Zappavigna, Discourse of Twitter and Social Media.
Yearbook of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics 2015, 3.
- Lugendo D, Smith HJ. Scaffolding for mediated learning during 'whole-class exercises' in Kenyan Secondary English lessons.
In: Jenks, CJ and Seedhouse, P, ed. International Perspectives on ELT Classroom Interaction. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015, pp.129-148.
- Woolner P, ed. School Design Together.
Abingdon, Oxfordshire: Routledge, 2015.
- Miller N. Signposts for treating adults with acquired apraxia of speech.
Bulletin of the Royal College of Speech Language Therapists 2015, May, 20-21.
- Al-Tamimi J. Spectral tilt as an acoustic correlate to pharyngealisation in Jordanian and Moroccan Arabic.
In: 18th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (ICPhS). 2015, Glasgow, UK.
- Leyland C, Greer T. Stoking the fire: TA follow-up talk in group discussion tests.
In: American Association for Applied Linguistics 2015. 2015, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Sercombe PG, Young TJ. Student Adjustment: Diversity and Uniformity of Experience.
In: Fabricius,AH;Presisler,B, ed. Transcultural Interaction and Linguistic Diversity in Higher Education. Basingstoke: Palgrave MacMillan, 2015, pp.34 - 55. In Preparation.
- Gibbs S, Atkinson C, Woods K, Bond C, Hill C, Morris S. Supervision for School Psychologists in Training: Developing a framework from empirical findings.
- Leat D, Reid A, Lofthouse R. Teachers’ experiences of engagement with and in educational research: what can be learned from teachers’ views?.
Oxford Review of Education 2015, 41(2), 270-286.
- Khattab G, Al-Tamimi J. The acquisition of gemination in Lebanese Arabic Children.
In: 18th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (ICPhS). 2015, Glasgow, UK.
- Clegg J, Law J, Rush R, Peters T, Roulstone S. The contribution of early language development to children's emotional and behavioural functioning at 6 years: an analysis of data from the Children in Focus sample from the ALSPAC birth cohort.
Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2015, 56(1), 67–75.
- Gibbs S, Elliott J. The differential effects of labelling: how do 'dyslexia' and 'reading difficulties' affect teachers' beliefs.
European Journal of Special Needs Education 2015, 30(3), 323-337.
- Schartner A. The effect of study abroad on intercultural competence: a longitudinal case study of international postgraduate students at a British university.
Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development 2015.
- Kitikanan P, Al-Tamimi J, Khattab G. The production of English /s/ by L2 Thai learners.
In: 18th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (ICPhS). 2015, Glasgow, UK.
- Binti-Faizal S, Khattab G, McKean C. The Qur’an Lexicon Project: A database of lexical statistics and phonotactic probabilities for 19,286 contextually and phonetically transcribed types in Qur’anic Arabic.
In: International Congress of Phonetic Sciences. 2015, Glasgow, Scotland.
- Tooley J, Longfield D. The Role and Impact of Private Schools in Developing Countries: A response to the DFID's "Rigorous Literature Review".
London: Pearson, 2015.
- Law J, Rush R, Clegg J, Peters TJ, Roulstone S. The role of pragmatics in mediating the relationship between social disadvantage and adolescent behaviour.
Journal of Developmental and Behavioural Pediatrics 2015, 36(5), 389-398.
- Gibbs S. The study of 'reading difficulties' as a phenotype of psychology.
The Psychology of Education Review 2015, 39(1), 32-34.
- Seedhouse P, Supakorn S. Topic-as-script and Topic-as-action in Language Assessment and Teaching.
Applied Linguistics Review 2015, 6(3), 393-413.
- Athanasopoulos P, Bylund E, Montero-Melis G, Damjanovic L, Schartner A, Kibbe A, Riches N, Thierry G. Two languages, two minds: Flexible cognitive processing driven by language of operation.
Psychological Science 2015, 26(4), 518-526.
- Kennedy H, Landor M, Todd L, ed. Video Enhanced Reflective Practice: Professional Development through Attuned Interactions.
London, UK: Jessica Kingsley, 2015.