Year: 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1977
- Young TJ, Schartner A. 'After all this I try not to put people in a box': The effects of cross cultural communication education on academic adjustment and adaptation.
In: British Association for Applied Linguistics 43rd Annual Meeting. 2013, Heriot Watt University.
- Letts C, Sinka I, Edwards S, Schaefer B. The New Reynell Developmental Language Scales: Descriptive account and illustrative case study.
Child Language Teaching and Therapy 2013. Submitted.
- Tooley J. Challenging educational injustice: 'Grassroots' privatisation in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa.
Oxford Review of Education 2013, 39(4), 446-463.
- Brown C, Gibbs S. Teachers’ levels of responsibility, shared leadership and collective efficacy beliefs.
Educational Research 2013. Submitted.
- Whitworth A, Webster J, Howard D. A Cognitive Neuropsychological Approach to Assessment and Intervention in Aphasia: A Clinician's Guide.
Psychology Press, 2013. In Press.
- Gibbs S. A context for cognitive education: Teachers’ beliefs.
In: International Association for Cognitive Education and Psychology (IACEP 2013). 2013, Leiden, The Netherlands.
- Smith H. A critique of the teaching standards in England (1984-2012): discourses of equality and maintaining the status quo.
Journal of Education Policy 2013, 28(4), 427-448.
- King T. A framework for analysing social sequences.
Quality and Quantity 2013, 47(1), 167-191.
- Preston A, Seedhouse P. A pervasive language learning environment:The European Digital Kitchen.
In: Global perspectives on Computer-Assisted Language Learning (WorldCALL). 2013, Glasgow, UK.
- Al-Tamimi J, Khattab G. Acoustic cue weighting in the singleton vs geminate contrast in Lebanese Arabic: The case of fricative consonants.
Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 2013. Submitted.
- Al-Tamimi J, Khattab G. Acoustic cue weighting in the singleton vs geminate contrast in Lebanese Arabic: the case of fricative consonants.
Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 2013. Submitted.
- Lofthouse R, Leat D. An Activity Theory Perspective on Peer Coaching.
International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching in Education 2013, 2(1), 8-20.
- Humble S. An Unexpected Mathematical Discovery.
Mathematics Today 2013, 49(4).
- Wall K, Higgins S, Hall E, Woolner P. ‘That's not quite the way we see it’: the epistemological challenge of visual data.
International Journal of Research & Method in Education 2013, 36(1), 3-22.
- Al-Tamimi J. Book review "Articulatory Phonetics Edited by Bryan Gick, Ian Wilson Donald Derrick (Malden, MA: Wiley Blackwell, 2013)".
International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders 2013, 48(5), 597-598.
- Leat D, Kharrufa A, Olivier P. Brains on the table revisited: Digitising innovative formative assessment.
Assessment in Education: Principles, Policy & Practice 2013. Submitted.
- Vessey R. Challenges in cross-linguistic corpus-assisted discourse studies.
Corpora 2013, 8(1), 1-26.
- Walsh S. Classroom Discourse and Teacher Development.
Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2013. In Press.
- Brandt A, Jenks CJ. Computer-mediated spoken interaction: Aspects of trouble in multi-party chat rooms.
2013. Available at: http://www.languageatinternet.org/. In Press.
- Seedhouse P. Conversation Analysis.
In: Bayley, R., Cameron, R. & Lucas, C, ed. The Oxford Handbook of Sociolinguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013, pp.91-110.
- Walsh S, Li L. Conversations as space for learning.
International Journal of Applied Linguistics 2013, 23(2), 247-266.
- Leat D, Livingston K, Priestley M. Curriculum deregulation in England and Scotland: Different directions of travel?.
In: CIDREE Yearbook 2013. 2013. In Press.
- Campbell JR, Mazzoli Smith L. De-mystifying Giftedness: an overdue perspective.
Gifted and Talented International 2013. In Press.
- Kharrufa A, Leat D, Olivier P. Designing for Reflection: A Case Study with Digital Tabletops and Digital Mysteries.
In: Yang, H., Wang, S, ed. Cases on E-Learning Management: Development and Implementation. Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA: Information Science Reference, 2013, pp.268-292.
- Wright D, Lofthouse R. Developing the Mathematics Teacher as Mentor Through Team-Based Approaches to Mentoring.
In: Hyde, R and Edwards JA, ed. Mentoring Mathematics Teachers: Supporting and inspiring pre-service and newly qualified teachers. Abingdon: Routledge, 2013. In Press.
- McKean C, Letts CA, Howard D. Developmental Change Is Key to Understanding Primary Language Impairment: The Case of Phonotactic Probability and Nonword Repetition.
Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research 2013, 56(5), 1579-1594.
- Garraffa M. Different stage of processing in agrammatic comprehension: a specification of the minimal chain condition.
In: Di Matteo, R., Tommasi, L, ed. Cross-linguistic Perspectives on Language Processing. John Benjamins, 2013. In Press.
- Morris J, Franklin S. Disorders of Auditory Comprehension.
In: Papathanasiou, I., Coppens, P., Potagas, C, ed. Aphasia and Related Neurogenic Communication Disorders. Burlington, MA, USA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2013, pp.113-130.
- Knight D. e-Language: Communication in the Digital Age.
In: McEnery, T. and Baker, P, ed. Advances in Language and Linguistics - Corpora and Discourse studies. London: Palgrave, 2013. In Preparation.
- Law J, Todd L, Clark J, Mroz M, Carr J. Early Language Delays in the UK.
London: Save the Children, 2013.
- Walsh S. Educational linguistics.
In: Bublitz, W., Jucker, A.H., Schneider, K.P, ed. Handbooks of Pragmatics. Mouton de Gruyter, 2013. In Preparation.
- Parker R. Educational psychology practice as research: a little regarded aspect of Cyril burt's legacy.
Educational & Child Psychology 2013, 30(3), 84-95.
- Cook V. ELF: Central or atypical second language acquisition?.
In: D. Singleton, J.A. Fishman, L. Aronin, M. O'Laoire, ed. Current Multilingualism: A New Linguistic Dispensation. New York: Walter de Gruyter, 2013, pp.27-44.
- Smith HJ. Emotional responses to documentary viewing and the potential for transformative teaching.
Teaching Education 2013, n/a, n/a.
- Webster J, Whitworth A, Howard D. Exploring the relationship between sentence production and comprehension in people with aphasia.
Aphasiology 2013. In Preparation.
- Leat D. Exploring yardsticks for analysing teacher coaching practice: resisting disciplinary control.
European Journal of Teacher Education 2013. In Preparation.
- Mazzoli Smith L. Family Beliefs and Practices around Academic Ability and Social Mobility; narratives of contradiction, continuity, and resistance.
In: Reid,R;West,L, ed. Narratives of Continuity and Change. Routledge, 2013. Submitted.
- Robson S, Leat D, Wall K, Lofthouse R. Feedback or feed forward? Supporting Master’s students through effective assessment to enhance future learning.
In: Ryan, J, ed. Cross Cultural Teaching and Learning for Home and International Students: Internationalisation of Pedagogy and Curriculum in Higher Education. London: Routledge, 2013, pp.53-69.
- Knight D, Adolphs S, Carter R. Formality in digital discourse – A study of hedging in CANELC.
In: Romero-Trillo, J, ed. Yearbook of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics. London: Springer, 2013. In Press.
- Blake A, Edwards G. From "Hope & Glory" to "Waterloo Road": mediating discourses of 'crises' surrounding schools and schooling in British television drama, 1999-2011.
Discourse: Studies in the Cultural Politics of Education 2013, 34(3), e-pub ahead of print.
- McKean C, Letts CA, Howard D. Functional reorganization in the developing lexicon: separable and changing influences of lexical and phonological variables on children's fast-mapping.
Journal of Child Language 2013, 40(2), 307-335.
- Khattab G, Al-Tamimi J. Geminate timing in Lebanese Arabic: the relationship between phonetics and phonology.
Laboratory Phonology 2013. Submitted.
- Mazzoli Smith L. Gifted Students Academy Extended Support Programme: Ecclesfield School Evaluation Report.
London: Gifted Students Academy, 2013. In Press.
- Mazzoli Smith L. Giftedness and Globalisation: the challenge of cultural diversity for gifted education programmes in a neoliberal educational marketplace.
Gifted Education International 2013, 30(3). In Press.
- Tiplady L, Wall K. How do senior leaders of schools in a practitioner enquiry network perceive their role in establishing a culture of lifelong learning?.
Improving Schools 2013. In Preparation.
- Khattab G, Al-Tamimi J. Influence of geminate structure on early Arabic templatic patterns.
In: Vihman, M., Keren-Portnoy, T, ed. The Emergence of Phonology: Whole-word Approaches and Cross-linguistic Evidence. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2013, pp.374-414.
- Mazzoli Smith L. Innovative narrative life history interviews: the construction of academic giftedness in family context.
Sage, 2013. In Press.
- Pennington L, Roelant E, Thomson V, Robson S, Steen N, Miller N. Intensive dysarthria therapy for younger children with cerebral palsy.
Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology 2013, 55(5), 464-471.
- Todd L. Interagency working and special education: beyond ‘virtuous’ ideas of partnership towards alternative frameworks for collaborative work with children.
In: Florian, L, ed. Sage Handbook of Special Education. Sage Publications Ltd, 2013. In Press.
- Dixon P. International Aid and Private Schools for the Poor: Smiles, Miracles and Markets.
Cheltenham, Gloucester: Edward Elgar, 2013.
- Pattison S, Robson S. Internationalization of British universities: Learning from the experiences of international counselling students.
International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling 2013, 35(3), 188-202.
- Whitworth A, Webster J, Morris J. Intervention for acquired aphasia.
In: Cummings, L, ed. Cambridge Handbook of Communication Disorders. Cambridge University Press, 2013. In Press.
- Powell B, Gibbs S. Learning about behaviour: A qualitative case study of leadership and teachers’ efficacy beliefs in one primary school.
Social Psychology of Education 2013. Submitted.
- Heslop P, Kharrufa A, Balaam M, Leat D, Dolan P, Olivier P. Learning extended writing: designing for children's collaboration.
In: 12th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children (IDC). 2013, New York: ACM Press.
- Docherty GJ, Langstrof C, Foulkes P. Listener evaluation of sociophonetic variability: Probing constraints and capabilities.
Linguistics 2013, 51(2), 355-380.
- Clark J, Laing K, Tiplady L, Woolner P. Making Connections: Theory and Practice of Using Visual Methods to Aid Participation in Research.
Newcastle University: Research Centre for Learning and Teaching, 2013.
- Jenks CJ, Brandt A. Managing Mutual Orientation in the Absence of Physical Copresence: Multiparty Voice-Based Chat Room Interaction.
Discourse Processes 2013, 50(4), 227-248.
- McKean C. Marshall, Chloe, ed. Current Issues in Developmental Disorders, (Hove: Psychology Press, 2013) ISBN: 9781848720848.
International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders 2013, 48(5), 599-599.
- Humble S. Maths for every day!.
2013. Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire: TTS, Calendar.
- Tullo ES, Young TJ. Medical students' attitudes towards people with dementia: An International survey.
Age and Ageing 2013, 42(s2), ii8-ii9.
- Tullo ES, Young TJ. Medical students’ attitudes towards people with dementia: An international investigation.
International Psychogeriatrics 2013, (e-pub ahead of print).
- Young TJ, Tullo ES, Lee R. Medical students’ perspectives on person-centred communication in dementia care.
Medical Education 2013. In Press.
- Sercombe PG, Young TJ, Ming D, Lin L. Naming Practices and Their Significance among Chinese Students.
Names: A Journal of Onomastics 2013. In Press.
- Seedhouse P. Oral proficiency interviews as varieties of interaction.
In: Ross, SJ; Kasper, G, ed. Assessing Second Language Pragmatics. Houndmills, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013, pp.199-219.
- Khattab G. Phonetic convergence and divergence strategies in English-Arabic bilingual children.
Linguistics 2013, 51(2), 439-472.
- Humble S. Playground Maths Activity Cards.
2013. TTS, Set of 30 activity cards.
- Herbert R, Best W, Hickin J, Howard D, Osborne F. POWERS: Profile of Word Errors and Retrieval in Speech.
Guildford: J&R Press, 2013.
- Edwards G. Pre-service teachers' growth as practitioners of developmentally appropriate practice: a Vygotskian analysis of constraints and affordances in the English context.
European Journal of Teacher Education 2013, n/a, n/a.
- Gibbs S. Psychological research that transforms educational practice.
In: BPS Annual Conference. 2013, Harrogate, UK.
- Robson S, Wall K, Lofthouse R. Raising the profile of innovative teaching in Higher Education? Reflections on the EquATE project.
International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education 2013, 25(1), 92-102.
- Vessey R. Review of E. Haque, Multiculturalism Within a Bilingual Framework: Language, Race, and Belonging in Canada.
Language Policy 2013.
- Mann S, Walsh S. RP or ‘RIP’: A critical perspective on reflective practice.
Applied Linguistics Review 2013, 4(2), 291-315.
- Dolan P, Leat D, Mazzoli Smith L, Mitra S, Todd L, Wall K. Self-Organised Learning Environments (SOLEs) in an English School: an example of transformative pedagogy?.
Online Educational Research Journal 2013, n/a, n/a.
- Koglbauer R. Social Networks In the Classroom.
Learning and Teaching Update 2013, 51. In Press.
- Firth A. Spoken Discourse and Social Interaction: An Introduction.
Oxford: Hodder Arnold, 2013. In Press.
- Loucas T, Riches N, Baird G, Pickles A, Simonoff E, Chandler S, Charman T. Spoken word recognition in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders and specific language impairment.
Applied Psycholinguistics 2013, 34(2), 301-322.
- Thomas U, Tiplady L, Wall K. Stories of practitioner enquiry: using narrative interviews to explore teachers’ perspectives of learning to learn.
International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education 2013, n/a, n/a.
- Contemori C, Garraffa M. Subject Relatives clauses as a clinical marker for SLI: evidence from Italian.
In: Stavrakaki, S., Konstantinopoulou, P., Lalioti, M, ed. Advances in Language Acquisition. Newcastle, UK: Cambridge Scholar Press, 2013. In Press.
- Young TJ. Success factors for ‘International’ students in higher education: A new study from the UK.
In: World Congress on Educational Sciences V. 2013, La Sapienza University, Rome.
- Young TJ, Sercombe PG, Sachdev I, Naeb R, Schartner A. Success factors for international postgraduate students' adjustment: exploring the roles of intercultural competence, language proficiency, social contact and social support.
European Journal of Higher Education 2013, 3(2), 151-171.
- Jenks C, Firth A. Synchronous voice-based computer-mediated communication.
In: Herring, S., Stein, D., Virtanen, T, ed. Handbook of the Pragmatics of Computer-Mediated Communication. Berlin; New York: Mouton De Gruyter, 2013, pp.217-244.
- Kharrufa A, Balaam M, Heslop P, Leat D, Dolan P, Olivier P. Tables in the Wild: Lessons Learned from a Large-Scale Multi-Tabletop Deployment.
In: CHI 2013: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2013, Paris: ACM.
- Firth A. Talk International: English as a Lingua Franca in the Workplace.
Routledge, 2013. In Press.
- Gibbs S, Miller A. Teachers’ resilience and well-being: a role for educational psychology.
Teachers and Teaching : Theory and Practice 2013, n/a, n/a.
- Webster J, Morris J, Connor C, Horner R, McCormac C, Potts A. Text level reading comprehension in aphasia: What do we know about therapy and what do we need to know?.
Aphasiology 2013, 27(11), 1362-1380.
- Punnoose R, Khattab G, Al-Tamimi J. The contested fifth liquid in Malayalam: a window into the lateral-rhotic relationship in Dravidian languages.
Phonetica 2013, n/a, n/a. In Press.
- Young TJ, Schartner A. The effects of cross-cultural communication education on international students’ adjustment and adaptation.
Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development 2013. Submitted.
- Seedhouse P, Preston A, Olivier P, Jackson D, Heslop P, Plötz T, Balaam M, Ali S. The French Digital Kitchen: Implementing Task-Based Language Teaching beyond the Classroom.
International Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Teaching 2013, 3(1), 50-72.
- Sert O, Walsh S. The interactional management of claims of insufficient knowledge in English language classrooms.
Language and Education 2013, 27(6), 542-565.
- Cook V. The Language of the Street.
Applied Linguistics Review 2013, 4(1), 43-81. In Press.
- Baffour B, King T, Valente P. The Modern Census: Evolution, Examples and Evaluation.
International Statistical Review 2013, 81(3), 407-425.
- Aye KK, Sercombe PG. The Noun Phrase in Standard Malay and Myanmar Compared: Pedagogical Implications for L1 MYanmar Speakers.
In: Boutin, M; Sercombe PG; Clynes, A, ed. Advances in the study of Bornean Cultures and Languages. Williamsburg, Virginia: Borneo Research Council, 2013. Submitted.
- Stringer H. The Practicalities (of conducting practice-based research).
In: Dobinson, C
Wren, Y, ed. Creating Practice-based Evidence: A Guide for Speech and Language Therapists. London: J&R Press, 2013. In Preparation.
- Dixon P, Tooley J, Schagen I. The relative quality of private and public schools for low-income families living in slums of Nairobi, Kenya.
In: Srivastava, P, ed. Low-fee Private Schooling: Aggravating Equity or Mitigating Disadvantage?. Oxford: Symposium Books, 2013, pp.83-103.
- Preston A. This looks easy!: The co-construction of Teacher Knowledge on Educational Technology.
In: British Association of Applied Linguistics 2013: Opening New Lines of Communication in Applied Linguistics. 2013, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.
- Mackay C. title.
Francophonie 2013. In Press.
- Vessey R. Too much French? Not enough French?: The Vancouver Olympics and a very Canadian language ideological debate.
Multilingua 2013, 32(5), 657-680.
- Riches N. Treating the passive in children with Specific Language Impairment: a usage-based approach.
Child Language Teaching and Therapy 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Behrends E, Humble S. Triangle Mysteries.
The Mathematical Intelligencer 2013, 35(2), 10-15.
- McKean C, Letts CA, Howard D. Triggering word learning in children with Language Impairment: The effect of phonotactic probability and neighbourhood density.
Journal of Child Language 2013, n/a(n/a), n/a.
- Leat D. Working Space: A conceptualisation of teachers’ professional learning in innovation contexts.
Professional Development in Education 2013. Submitted.
- Brandt A. Working to ensure understanding: the maintenance of intersubjectivity in online ELF talk.
2013. In Preparation.