- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6585
- Address: Room 1.64 KGVI
School of ECLS
King George VI Building
Queen Victoria Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Mroz M. Providing training in speech and language for education professionals: Challenges, support and the view from the ground. Child Language Teaching and Therapy 2006, 22(2), 155-176.
- Mroz M. Teaching in the Foundation Stage—how current systems support teachers' knowledge and understanding of children's speech and language. International Journal of Early Years Education 2006, 14(1), 45-61.
- Smith F, Hardman F, Wall K, Mroz M. Interactive whole class teaching in the National Literacy and Numercy Strategies. British Educational Research Journal 2004, 30(3), 395-411.
- Baumfield V, Mroz M. Investigating pupils' questions in the primary classroom. Educational Research 2002, 44(2), 129-140.
- Mroz M, Hall E. Not Yet Identified: the knowledge, skills, and training needs of early years professionals in relation to children's speech and language development. Early Years An International Journal of Research and Development 2003, 23(2), 117-130.
- Baumfield VM, Mroz M. Investigating pupils' questions in the primary classroom. In: Wragg, T, ed. RoutledgeFalmer Reader in Teaching and Learning. London: Routledge Falmer, 2004, pp.49-59.
- Hardman F, Smith F, Wall K, Mroz M. Interactive whole class teaching in literacy and numeracy lessons. University of Newcastle upon Tyne: The Economic and Social Research Council, 2003. ISBN: 0701701536.
- Hardman F, Smith F, Wall K, Mroz M. Interactive whole class teaching. Literacy Today 2003, (35).
- Hardman F, Smith F, Wall K, Mroz M, Bramald R. Interactive Whole Class Teaching in the National Literacy and Numeracy Strategies. University of Newcastle: School of Education, Communication and Language Sciences, 2003.
- Mroz M, Hall E, Letts CA, Santer J. Children's Speech and Language Development: an investigation of the knowledge, skills and understanding of early years professionals. Newcastle upon Tyne: University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2002.
- Mroz M, Smith F, Hardman F. On the hour: teachers' attitudes to the National Literacy Strategy. Studies in Teaching and Learning 2000, 2(1), 8-18.
- Mroz MA, Smith F. Student teachers' perceptions of the National Literacy Strategy and the Literacy Hour. Curriculum 2000, 21(1), 39-53.
- Smith F, Mroz M, Shaughnessy M. Differences in learning between undergraduates and prospective summer school entrants. In: European Conference on Educational Research. 2000, Edinburgh, UK.
- Smith F, Mroz M, Shaughnessy M. Improving reading comprehension among undergraduates: towards widening participation. In: European Conference on Educational Research. 2000, Edinburgh, UK.
- Mroz M, Smith F, Hardman F. The discourse of the literacy hour. Cambridge Journal of Education 2000, 30(3), 379-390.
- Hardman F, Mroz M. Post-16 english teaching: From recitation to discussion. Educational Review 1999, 51(3), 283-293.
- Hardman F, Mroz M, Smith F. Evaluating the effectiveness of the National Literacy Strategy: identifying indicators of success. In: European Conference on Educational Research. 1999, Lahti, Finland.
- Mroz M, Letts C. Early years education, language and social background: A decade of changing policy and practice. European Journal of Applied Linguistics 2014, 2(1), 79-100.
- Law J, Todd L, Clark J, Mroz M, Carr J. Early Language Delays in the UK. London: Save the Children, 2013.
- Mroz M, Letts C. Interview stories: Early years practitioners' experiences with children with speech, language and communication needs. Child Language Teaching and Therapy 2008, 24(1), 73-93.