Working with Industry
Our work with industry reflects our commitment to high-value research with real-world solutions.
As well as our excellent teaching and research facilities, we pride ourselves on our services for industry.
We have collaborated with a wide range of business, both small and international, through consultation, developing new technologies and developing our students into world-leading engineers.
Our work with industry includes:
- Industrial Advisory Board
- collaborative research
- consultancy for design, evaluation, development and testing
- employee training programmes
- support small and medium sized businesses to develop their products
- transfer of IP from our research in to new products and services
- expert witnesses
We continually invest in new research facilities, to cultivate and enhance our research strengths in order to meet the needs of industry. Over £16million has been invested in developing new, leading-edge research facilities which include:
- high speed test facility for aerospace and automotive research
- Centre for Advanced Electrical Drives
- climate controlled laboratory facilities for nanoelectronic and material characterisation
- class 10000 clean room
- technologies for extreme environments research and development facilities
For any industry enquiries, please contact the SAgE Faculty Enterprise Team:
Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) Enterprise Team
Tel: +44 (0) 191 208 3721
For specific research expertise: