We apply innovative thinking to provide business solutions to help our clients build and maintain a competitive edge. This can be either as part of a short-term consultancy project, or a medium to long-term commercial research project.
Our business partners have access to our world-class facilities.
In addition, we also have a number of private offices, laboratories and meeting rooms where our clients can undertake research within a confidential environment.
The Centre is led by James Widmer, an expert in the design of electrical machines with experience of working in the aerospace industry.
Please contact us for an informal discussion on how we can help your business to grow.
We have worked with a number of industrial clients within the Centre to develop high efficiency, low cost products.
The following links show examples of our research in the news:
- Leading the way in motor technology (University Press Office)
- The Reluctant Hero (The Economist)
- Innovative Electric Motor and Transmission System (University Press Office)
- Can Motors in wheels spark an Electric Car Revolution? (CNN online)
- Funding given to project to replace Rare Earth Magnets (The Engineer)
- SolarEagle project (YouTube)
- Collaboration set to design motors for giant Solar Aircraft (The Engineer)