We aim to derive innovative methods for the advancement of knowledge and a better understanding of the technical concepts of current and future communications, sensors and signal processing systems.
The group has an international reputation and our work covers:
- Mobile Wireless Communications: 4G/5G, WiMAX, UWB and Ad-Hoc Sensor Networks
- The Design of Multi-Carrier Modulation Schemes for Network Communications
- Fast and Low Power Algorithms for Signal Processing and Communications
- Massive MIMO and Cooperative Diversity Schemes
- Channel Coding
- Green Communications and Energy Harvesting
- Underwater Acoustics and Communications
- Sensors and Wireless Sensor Networks
- Encryption and Security
- Positioning and GNSS
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Bio-Inspired Communications and Signal Processing Algorithms
- Electromagnetic Non-destructive Testing/Evaluation and Structural Health Monitoring
- Biometrics and Security
- Blind Source Separation
- Biomedical Signal Processing and Sensors
New £750k Intelligent Sensing Lab
The ComS2IP research groups welcomed the EPSRC and guests to the official unveiling of the new Intelligent Sensing Lab.
The Intelligent Sensing Lab will help to establish the ComS2IP research group as a beacon of excellence in the UK delivering the highest quality outputs with the greatest impact on society.
Read about the grand unveiling here