Stage III/IV - Advanced Control Systems (EEE3018)
Stage IV - Distributed Control Systems (EEE8105)
MSc - Advanced Control Systems (EEE8007)
MSc - Distributed Control Systems (EEE8006)
Matthew is a member of the Power Electronics, Drives and Machines research group and his profile can be viewed on Google Scholar
My main research interests lie in power electronics conveters, power electronic
controllers, electric drives, and digital control systems. I have a particular interest in grid connected inverter systems, power quality monitoring and improvement, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) emulation systems, and system identification (parameter estimation) of power electronic systems.
Areas of Expertise
- Renewable energy systems. Power quality improvement of grid connected inverter systems; elimination of DC current injection, current/voltage harmonics.
- Hardware in the Loop (HIL) systems. Real time, real power level emulation of electrical power systems using advanced control techniques.
- System Identification of Power Electronic Systems. Novel, real time, system identification algorithms for parameter determination.
- Adaptive Control of Power Electronic Systems. Novel, real time, adaptive control algorithms for time varying systems.
- Design and development of power electronic systems.
- Real time control of power electronic systems.
- System simulation and modelling using Matlab/Simulink.