Newcastle University Student’s Union celebrated the amazing achievements of its student representatives at the Student Rep Awards.
On Monday 8th May, Newcastle University Student’s Union celebrated the amazing achievements of its student representatives at the Student Rep Awards. The awards are an annual awards scheme designed to recognise the brilliant work of Academic Reps, Community Reps, Hall Reps, NUSU Part-time Officers and students who have campaigned for a better University experience.
With 81 nominations received from students and University and NUSU staff, the competition was intense.
SELLL Student Rep winners were:
- Sam Cross (English Literature BA) won SSC Student Chair of the Year
- Vanessa Macintosh (Linguistics PhD) won PGR Course Rep of the Year
- Sam Cooke (Linguistics BA) came runner-up as UG Course Rep of the Year
and awards won by students associated with the School:
- Saffron Kershaw-Mee (Combined Honours BA) won Campaign of the Year
- Erroll Kerr (English Literature BA, graduated in 2016) won Part-time Officer of the Year
Sam Cross commented 'It has been a fantastic year for the SELLL SSC due to the work and enthusiasm of committed members and their innovative projects. I have really enjoyed playing a key role in the work of the SSC and I hope that our various projects have been beneficial to the school and its students. I am sad to be leaving but I'm sure that the SSC will continue with same professionalism and success in the years to come, hopefully continuing with some of the same activities as this year's committee'.
These are very impressive results, and demonstrate the passion, commitment, and general get-up-and-go of our fantastic students.
published on: 18 May 2017