The First Steps
Registration and Induction is an exciting time, although if you turn up unprepared it may seem a little daunting. Below are some things you can do now to make sure you have the best experience in your first few weeks with us.
- Download the Newcastle University App
You can use it to see your timetable, find a free PC on campus, contact other students and staff, plus much more. During Induction you can use the App to find your way around Campus; with its interactive map you will not get lost in your first week.
- Prepare your hardware with some free software
Newcastle University students can download Office365 for FREE.
- Memorise the important stuff
When you become a student you will be asked on numerous occasions for the below information, memorising these details now, storing them in your phone and adding them to your email signature will make everything easier later on:
- Your degree code and title (eg. Q306 English Literature)
- Your module codes (eg. SEL1000)
- Your student number (eg. 171234567) - although they will look similar, your username starts with a letter and is for your use only. Your student number is a 9 digit number and is what we will need when helping you with any request, you will also use this number to submit your assignments
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I arrive?
Induction events begin on Monday 25th September, teaching will begin on Monday 2nd October.
When will I get my timetable?
Where can I find Reading Lists?
Reading lists are issued per module. Please use the reading list search tool to find the reading lists for your modules. We recommend that you purchase the essential list for your semester one modules during your first few weeks with us. We do recommend editions with introductions to help you make sense of the scholarly discussions around the text and notes which analyse difficult passages. Kindle or digital editions with these features are acceptable.
Where is the School Office?
The School Office is located in the Percy Building, on the 3rd Floor. We are open Monday-Friday, 9:30am - 4:00pm
If we have not answered your question above please contact us.