Dr Mathelinda Nabugodi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am involved in editing Percy Bysshe Shelley's translations of Goethe's Faust and Calderon's El Magico Prodigioso for the fifth and final volume of The Poems of Shelley, part of Longman Annotated English Poets series. I will also contribute to The Poems of Wordsworth, which will be published in the same series.
PhD Creative Critical Writing/Comparative Literature, UCL
MA Translation Theory and Practice, UCL
MA (Hons) English Literature, University of Edinburgh
ResearchI am interested in romantic poetry and poetics and how they live on in contemporary critical thought. My doctoral thesis is called 'Life after Life: A Reading of Percy Bysshe Shelley and Walter Benjamin' and is an attempt to intertwine the afterlives of the two writers, despite the distance between them.
- Nabugodi MA. Answering the Question: "What is Life?". Antae: A Postgraduate Journal on the Interspaces of English Studies 2016, 3(2), 149-66.
- Nabugodi MA. Medusan Figures: Reading Percy Bysshe Shelley and Walter Benjamin. MHRA Working Papers in the Humanities 2015, (9), 21-34.
- Nabugodi MA. On Some Methodological Motifs in Benjamin. Norms, Normality and Normalization: Papers from the DAAD Postgraduate Summer School in German Studies 2014, 90-102.