In the field of mechanical engineering, we offer a range of taught degrees and multi-disciplinary courses.
Mechanical Engineering Courses
- Biomedical Engineering, MSc
- Design and Manufacturing Engineering, MSc
- Sustainable Transport Engineering, MSc
- Mechatronics, MSc
- Mechanical Engineering, MSc
- Renewable Energy Flexible Training Programme (Reflex): for graduates from all engineering disciplines. Accredited by the Engineering Council.
- Renewable Energy Enterprise and Management (REEM): for non-engineering graduates who want a future career in renewable energy planning and business.
Santander Mobility Awards 2017-18Santander Mobility Awards 2017-18
Santander Universities has made available a grant to support Newcastle University staff and students (both undergraduates and postgraduates) who wish to undertake a period of research or study in any country within the Banco Santander network as listed: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Italy, France, Germany, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Spain, UAE, UK, Uruguay, and USA.
The Mobility Award is provided by Santander. In 2017-18 Mobility Awards are available as outlined below:
- 5 awards with a maximum value of £1,400
- 4 awards with a maximum value of £1,000
- 5 awards with a maximum value of £600
Where the panel believes that a proposal does not represent value for money yet wishes to partially support the activity, funding may be offered at a reduced level.
The principal criterion for the Santander Mobility Awards in 2017/18 is that the proposed travel project will make a demonstrable and tangible contribution to the applicant’s studies or research. Applicants must explain how the proposed travel will satisfy this requirement. The funds will be used to support staff and students across all three faculties. We welcome applications from students for whom travel abroad would facilitate and augment existing extra-curricular learning initiatives or directly benefit their course. Successful applicants will be required to report on their experiences abroad in a format that can be disseminated on the University website.
- Newcastle University staff and students studying at all levels are eligible for these awards.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate that the proposed mobility will benefit their course of study or other extra-curricular learning initiatives being pursued.
- Travel should be to one of the following countries: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Spain, UAE, UK, Uruguay, and USA.
- We welcome proposals that involve working with one of the University’s institutional partners.
- Awards must be taken up within the 2017-18 academic year and travel must take place by August 31st 2018.
- The value of the scholarship will be paid directly to the scholarship holder and can be used as a contribution towards the costs of travel, accommodation, subsistence or the attendance at courses.
How to Apply
Please complete the online form: other applications will not be accepted.
The first round deadline for applications in the 2017/18 academic year is:
- 1 October 2017
The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards at its sole discretion.
Scholarship winners will be invited to attend the University’s Scholarship Reception Event in April 2018.
Please direct any enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org