- Project Dates: July 2016 - June 2019
- Project Leader: Dr Alan Murphy
- Staff: Dr Kayvan Pazouki, Dr Rose Norman
- Sponsors: European Commission (Life)
- Partners: Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands (ECN, The Netherlands); Universitaet Bremen; Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht; Port of Antwerp; Provincie Zuid-Holland; Energy Valley; Landesamt fur Natur, Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz Nordrhein-Westfalen (LANUV); Ghent Port Company (Port of Ghent); Expertise en Innovatie Centrum Binnenvaart (EICB); Gemeente Nijmegen; DCMR Milieudienst Rijnmond (Environmental Protection Agency of Rijnmond); Royal Dutch Shell plc; Department Mobiliteit en Openbare Werken; EnergieAgentur.NRW (EnergyAgency.NRW); Marine South East Ltd; CE Delft
The performance of various emission reduction techniques, alternative fuels and onshore power supply will be tested and measured under real-world conditions on 30 ships. Demonstration projects will be executed in which emission-reduction rates and costs of ownership are demonstrated under real-life situations. This will identify the most suitable measure for different ship-types and in turn will support skippers in their decision making process, making their ships more environmentally friendly. The outputs will also support local, regional, national, and European policymakers in developing policies and strategies aimed at reducing emissions from the inland waterway sector (e.g. setting emission standards, financial instruments).
Project Website: http://www.clinsh.eu.