- Project Dates: December 2014 - December 2016
- Project Leader: Dr Kayvan Pazouki (PI), Dr Rosemary Norman and Dr Shirley Cole
- Staff: Mr Ibna Zaman
- Sponsors: Research Council (Innovate UK) and Industry
- Partners: Royston Limited
This project further advances the online fuel consumption monitoring developed in a previous highly successful knowledge transfer partnership with Royston Limited: Online Performance Monitoring of Ship's Engine and Emission Prediction.
It will enhance data analysis capabilities of the existing online fuel consumption monitoring, by adding modules for emissions management and ship optimal operation. This project will develop adds-on modules such as Auto-mode detection system, Eco-speed, NOx and CO2 emission monitoring. These new systems will provide reliable on-board data analysis and decision support for the crew as well as improve better collaboration between ship and shore. The system will synchronise ship-based energy data and external condition parameters, which will improve ship energy efficiency and voyage performance.
The expected outcomes include:
- The further development of online fuel consumption monitoring– as a multi featured modular product; with analytical service streams from data management.
- A solutions orientated business approach will give the company the opportunity to bid for higher value work as it becomes known for its technical approach to market issues.