To develop a “state-of-the-art” modularised vessel performance monitoring focusing on efficient operation and management of emission.
- Project Dates: August 2012 - July 2014
- Project Leader: Dr Kayvan Pazouki (PI), Dr Rosemary Norman
- Staff: Mr Hossein Enshaei
- Sponsors: Innovate UK
- Partners: Royston Limited
Online performance monitoring of a shipboard diesel engine and possibility of remote access to key performance indicator is a unique selling point in the competitive shipping industry. Due to the uncertainty in the current methodologies, a new approach has been considered in this project to provide such capability. The key challenge is to develop online performance monitoring in real time which would be applicable locally and remotely through new methodology.
The Project is aimed to develop monitoring product focusing on offering green benefits to a variety of customers in different marine market sectors. The areas for development would include:
- Implement the latest technology to develop new modularised monitoring product
- Develop intelligent engine management/monitoring systems with telemetry capability
- Emissions prediction
Business leader of tomorrow
Hossein Enshai was awarded Business Leader of Tomorrow 2014 within this project, watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asjTIJmsTT0