- Project Dates: September 2015 - September 2019
- Project Leader: Dr Arun Dev
- Staff: Professor Longbin Tao, Dr Xin Wang
- Sponsors: Singapore Economic Development Board (SG EDB)
- Partners: Lloyds Register Global Technology Centre
Wave breaking is an undesired event that could cause structural damage to offshore structures.
Simple physical models that describe wave dynamics often become invalid for waves breaking, particularly those that assumed linear behaviour. Hence, deeper understanding and studies of the physical properties of the plunging waves are required to determine the imposed impact loads on offshore structures. It motivates the current research project on criteria and kinematics of the waves breaking, and induced impact loadings on fixed and floating structures.