Dr Angela Dyson
Senior Lecturer in Physics
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: E4.21B
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU, UK
I am Degree Programme Director for Physics. I did my BSc in Theoretical Physics at Essex University where I stayed on for my PhD in Laser plasma interactions via computer simulation. I moved into semiconductor physics in 2000 working with Profs Naci Balkan & Mike Adams and since 2004 I have collaborated with Prof Brian Ridley FRS.
I am a member of the Institute of Physics.
2016-2017 Reader and Head of Physics & Astrophysics, Hull University
2013-2016 Senior Lecturer, Hull University
2008-2013 Lecturer, Hull University
My broad research area is semiconductors and devices with a particular emphasis on phonons and high field transport. I have an in-house developed bulk Monte-Carlo transport simulation code which includes non-equilibrium phonons. I've been interested in Gallium Nitride since 2005 for high frequency emission e.g. THz.
I am currently funded by the Office of Naval research sponsored by Dr Paul Maki under grant No N00141512193 "Theory of transport in Semiconductors"
Dr Daniel Naylor
Mr Lee Smith - at Hull University
- PHY3024 - Atoms, Molecules, Nuclei & Particles
- Stage 1 Laboratory
- Dyson A. mistake. 2019.
- Naylor DR, Dyson A, Ridley BK. Dispersion and the electron-phonon interaction in a single heterostructure. Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures 2017, 86, 218-224.
- Emary C, Dyson A, Ryu S, Sim HS, Kataoka M. Phonon emission and arrival times of electrons from a single electron source . Physical Review B 2016, 93, 035436.
- Zhang JZ, Dyson A, Ridley BK. Hot electron energy relaxation in lattice-matched InAlN/AlN/GaN heterostructures: The sum rules for electron-phonon interactions and hot-phonon effect . Journal of Applied Physics 2015, 117, 025701.
- Dyson A, Naylor DR, Ridley BK. Hot phonon effects on high-field transport in GaN & AlN . IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices 2015, 62, 3613-3618.