Dr Dawei Wu
Lecturer in Marine Engineering
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 8113
- Address: School of Marine Science and Technology
M1.09A, Armstrong Building
2014- Lecturer in Marine Engineering, School of Marine Science and Technology, Newcastle University
2008-2014 Research Fellow, Newcastle Institute for Research on Sustainability, Newcastle University
PhD in Refrigeration and Cryogenics Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Institute of Energy Engineering, Technische Universität Berlin
BSc (Hons) in Thermal Energy and Power Engineering
BSc (Hons) in Automation Control Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering/School of Electronic, Information & Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Waste heat recovery and trigeneration (combined cooling, heating, and power);
New heat engine cycles;
Bio-energy and other renewable energy for power generation and refrigeration;
Renewable powered Linear Joule-cycle Engine Generator (EP/K004689/1)
Technologies and Scenarios for Low Emissions Shipping (FP7: 266126)
Innovative Energy Management System for Cargo Ship (FP7: 266082)
Biofuel Micro Trigeneration– Cryogenic Energy Storage (EP/F061978/1)
Transforming Energy Demand through Digital Innovation Part 2: Building Management linking Energy Demand, Distributed Conversion and Storage using Dynamic Modelling and a Pervasive Sensor Infrastructure (EP/I000755/1)
Sustainable Energy through China-UK Research Engagement (EP/K004689/1)
Centre for CHP, Trigeneration and Energy Storage (ERDF: NE005165)
Development of a Free Piston Engine for Vehicle Range Extender Applications (BIS: RGF)
Pioneer Production Processes for Beer including Water and Energy management systems (ECO/12/332808)
MAR8067 Marine Machinery System (Module leader)
MAR3037 Marine Engineering III (Lecturer)
MAR2018 Marine Engineering II (Lecturer)
MAR2020 Applications of Engineering II (Lecturer)
- Wu D, Jalal AS, Baker N. A Coupled Model of the Linear Joule Engine with Embedded Tubular Permanent Magnet Linear Alternator. Energy Procedia 2017, 105, 1986-1991.
- Almutairi A, Wu D, Guo B, Roskilly AP, Ottley C. Characterization of Lubricant Degeneration and Component Deterioration on Diesel Engine Fueling with Straight Plant Oil. In: 8th International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE2016). 2017, Beijing, China: Elsevier Ltd.
- Almutairi A, Guo B, Wu D, Roskilly AP. Characterization of lubricant degeneration and component deterioration on straight plant oil engine durability. In: The 8th International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE2016). 2017, Beijing, China.
- Tsougranis E-L, Wu D. Dual Reutilization of LNG Cryogenic Energy and Thermal Waste Energy with Organic Rankine Cycle in Marine Applications. In: 9th International Conference on Applied Energy. 2017, Cardiff, UK: Elsevier Ltd.
- Jalal AS, Baker NJ, Wu D. Electrical Machine Design for use in an External Combustion Free Piston Engine. In: 5th IET International Conference on Renewable Power Generation (RPG) 2016. 2017, London, UK: The Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- Wu D, Jalal AS, Baker N. A coupled model of the Linear Joule Engine integrated with a tubular permanent magnet linear alternator. In: The 8th International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE2016). 2016, Beijing, China.
- Gao WZ, Li CS, Xu CD, Wang D, Wu D. An experimental investigation of salt-water separation in the vacuum flashing assisted with heat pipes and solid adsorption. Desalination 2016, 399, 116-123.
- Siguenza D, Wu D, Soriano G. Coaxial borehole heat exchanger simulation with power generation potential for Chachimbiro, Ecuador. In: ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Proceedings (IMECE). 2016, Phoenix, Arizona, USA: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Jalal A, Baker NJ, Wu D. Design of tubular Moving Magnet Linear Alternator for use with an External Combustion - Free Piston Engine. In: 8th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD 2016). 2016, Glasgow, UK: Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Wu DW, Chen JL, Roskilly AP. Phase change material thermal storage for biofuel preheating in micro trigeneration application: A numerical study. Applied Energy 2015, 137, 832-844.
- Wu D, Roskilly AP. Design and parametric analysis of Linear Joule-cycle Engine with out-of-cylinder combustion. Energy Procedia 2014, 61, 1111-1114.
- Yu H, Wang Y, Wu D, Roskilly AP, Chen H, Tan C. Performance of a Micro-Cogeneration System Running with PreheatedRaw Vegetable Oils. Applied Mechanics and Materials 2014, 448-453, 2819-2824.
- Wu D, Roskilly AP, Yu H. Croton megalocarpus oil-fired micro-trigeneration prototype for remote and self-contained applications: experimental assessment of its performance and gaseous and particulate emissions. Interface Focus 2013, 3(1), 20120041.
- Wu DW, Yu HD, Harvey A, Roskilly AP. Micro distributed energy system driven with preheated Croton megalocarpus oil – A performance and particulate emission study. Applied Energy 2013, 112, 1383-1392.
- Chen XP, Wang YD, Yu HD, Wu DW, Li YP, Roskilly AP. A domestic CHP system with hybrid electrical energy storage. Energy and Buildings 2012, 55, 361-368.
- Wang YD, Huang Y, Chiremba E, Roskilly AP, Hewitt N, Ding YL, Wu DW, Yu HD, Chen XP, Li YP, Huang JC, Wang RZ, Wu JY, Xia ZZ, Tan CQ. An investigation of a household size trigeneration running with hydrogen. Applied Energy 2011, 88(6), 2176-2182.
- Deng J, Wang RZ, Wu JY, Han GY, Wu DW, Li S. Exergy cost analysis of a micro-trigeneration system based on the structural theory of thermoeconomics. Energy 2008, 33(9), 1417–1426.
- Wang RZ, Wu DW. Micro CCHP: Future residential energy center. In: O'Sullivan, C.M, ed. Leading-Edge Electric Power Research. New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc, 2008, pp.239-263.
- Wu JY, Wu DW. Distributed Combined Cooling Heating and Power System. In: RESEARCH TREND AND REPORT OF REFRIGERATION AND AIR-CONDITION FIELD. Chinese Science Publisher, 2007.
- Wu DW, Wang RZ. Combined cooling, heating and power: A review. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science 2006, 32(5-6), 459–495.
- Kong XQ, Wang RZ, Wu JY, Huang XH, Huangfu Y, Wu DW, Xu YX. Experimental investigation of a micro-combined cooling, heating and power system driven by a gas engine. International Journal of Refrigeration 2005, 28(7), 977–987.