Dr Gaurav Gupta
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials,
Dr. Gaurav Gupta is a research associate at Newcastle University in the School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials. His research is focussed on Alkaline Fuel Cells. He is currently working on an EPSRC funded Impact Acceleration Project with a focus on improving the operating temperature of the Alkaline Polymeric Fuel Cells.
He was earlier working as a research associate at Imperial College London on the development of low cost proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs) funded by Innovate UK in partnership with Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG), Arcola Energy, Lohmann Technologies, 4th Energy Wave.
He obtained his PhD from University of Birmingham in 2014 on Bimetallic Pt-Cr electrocatalysts for PEMFCs under the supervision of Professor Paula. M. Mendes and Dr. Surbhi Sharma. During his PhD, he investigated the synthesis of Pt-Cr as alloy and core-shell nanoparticles using different techniques for use as electrocatalysts. Prior to his PhD he studied Master of Technology (Honours) from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India in Materials and Metallurgical Engineering. He graduated from National Institute of Technology Rourkela, India with a Bachelor of Technology (Honours) in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
Linkedin profile: Gaurav Gupta
- Narasimulu AA, Singh DK, Soin N, Gupta G, Geng J, Zhu Z, Luo JK. A Comparative Investigation on Various Platinum Nanoparticles Decorated Carbon Supports for Oxygen Reduction Reaction. Current Nanoscience 2017, 13(2), 136-148.
- Gupta G, Wu B, Mylius S, Offer GJ. A systematic study on the use of short circuiting for the improvement of proton exchange membrane fuel cell performance. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 2017, 42(7), 4320-4327.
- Sharma S, Zhang K, Gupta G, Santamaria DG. Exploring PANI-TiN Nanoparticle Coatings in a PEFC Environment: Enhancing Corrosion Resistance and Conductivity of Stainless Steel Bipolar Plates. Energies 2017, 10(8), 1152.
- Gupta G, Scott K, Mamlouk M. Performance of polyethylene based radiation grafted anion exchange membrane with polystyrene-b-poly (ethylene/butylene)-b-polystyrene based ionomer using NiCo2O4 catalyst for water electrolysis. Journal of Power Sources 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Gupta G, Sharma S, Mendes PM. Nafion-stabilised bimetallic Pt–Cr nanoparticles as electrocatalysts for proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs). RSC Advances 2016, 6(86), 82635-82643.
- Gupta G, Iqbal P, Yin F, Liu J, Palmer RE, Sharma S, Leung KCF, Mendes PM. Pt Diffusion Dynamics for the Formation Cr–Pt Core–Shell Nanoparticles. Langmuir 2015, 31(24), 6917–6923.
- Kannan R, Silva AA, Cardoso FM, Gupta G, Aslam Z, Sharma S, Steinberger-Wilckens R. Study of FePt deposited reduced graphene oxide's utility as a catalyst towards oxygen reduction and methanol oxidation reactions. RSC Advances 2015, (46), 36993-36998.
- Gupta G, Moon AP, Mondal K. Electrochemical passivation behaviour of nanocrystalline Fe80Si20 coating in borate buffer solution. Bulletin of Materials Science 2013, 36(1), 51-58.
- Du S, Kendall K, Toloueinia P, Mehrabadi Y, Gupta G, Newton J. Aggregation and adhesion of gold nanoparticles in phosphate buffered saline. Journal of Nanoparticle Research 2012, 14, 758.
- Gupta G, Kumar M, Chattopadhyay C, Mondal K. Corrosion and Oxidation Behavior of Zr58Cu22Fe4Co4Al12 Metallic Glass. Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals 2011, 64(4), 401-408.
- Gupta G, Mondal K, Balasubramaniam R. In situ nanocrystalline Fe–Si coating by mechanical alloying. Journal of Alloys and Compounds 2009, 482(1-2), 118-122.
- Mondal K, Kumar A, Gupta G, Murty BS. Temperature and structure dependency of solid–liquid interfacial energy. Acta Materialia 2009, 57(11), 3422-3430.