Dr Huashan Bao
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Sir Joseph Swan Centre for Energy Research
2nd Floor Stephenson Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Huashan is a Research Associate in Sir Joseph Swan Centre for Energy Research. Her research interest is mainly on thermal energy storage and management, sorption cooling/heat pump, low grade heat utilisation, and energy related materials.
She is currently a Researcher Co-Investigator on the EPSRC project ‘Heat-STRESS’, and this project aims to determine the optimal design and effective thermal energy management so that thermal solar energy can be maximised throughout the year for space heating and hot water delivery by combining both daily based and seasonal-based storage. She was previously a Researcher Co-Investigator in the EPSRC project IDRIST, and the project looked at innovative energy storage processes and technologies in order to reduce energy demand for heating, cooling and electricity within industrial plants. She previously led the research in an EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account Seed Corn Funding project ‘Versatile electricity energy storage system using thermodynamic resorption and compressed ammonia technology’.
QualificationsPh.D. Mechanical Engineering, Refrigeration and Cryogenics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China (2007~2011)
B.Sc. Thermal Energy and Power Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, China (2003~2007)
Thermochemical sorption technology
Adsorption/absorption cooling/heat pump
Thermal energy storage
Renewable thermal energy and waste heat recovery
Power generation using low grade heat
Ammonia storage and delivery
Tri-generation resorption energy storage system for cooling, heating and power generation
Solar energy seasonal storage based on thermochemical sorption and phase change material
Thermochemical sorption power generation
Adsorption/absorption heat pump
Ammonia storage and delivery for NOx reduction of diesel engine
Heat-STRESS project (EPSRC EP/N02155X/1) £668,224
IDRIST project (EPSRC EP/M008088/1) £602,610
EPSRC IAA Seed Corn Funding project (EP/K503885/1) £10,000
LH-Cogen Project (EPSRC EP/1027904/1) £102,988
Energy storage device (thermochemical sorption storage system) WO2015118337A1
Energy storage system (thermochemical sorption storage system with updated heating process) WO2017118851A1
TeachingLecturing 'Heat Pump' and 'Adsorption Cooling', in the module of SPG8028, REFLEX, Renewable Heating and Cooling.
- Bao H, Ma Z, Roskilly AP. A chemisorption power generation cycle with multi-stage expansion driven by low grade heat. Energy Conversion and Management 2017, epub ahead of print.
- Bao H, Ma Z, Roskilly AP. An optimised chemisorption cycle for power generation using low grade heat. Applied Energy 2017, 186(Part 3), 251–261.
- Bao H, Ma Z, Roskilly AP. Chemisorption power generation driven by low grade heat – Theoretical analysis and comparison with pumpless ORC. Applied Energy 2017, 186(Part 3), 282–290.
- Ma ZW, Bao HS, Roskilly AP. Dynamic modelling and experimental validation of scroll expander for small scale power generation system. Applied Energy 2017, 186, 262-281.
- Ma Z, Bao H, Roskilly AP. Principle investigation on advanced absorption power generation cycles. Energy Conversion and Management 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Ma Z, Bao H, Roskilly AP. Study on solidification process of sodium acetate trihydrate for seasonal solar thermal energy storage. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 2017, 172, 99-107.
- Ma Z, Bao H, Roskilly AP. Thermodynamic modelling and parameter determination of ejector for ejection refrigeration systems Modélisation thermodynamique et détermination des paramètres de l'éjecteur pour des systèmes frigorifiques à éjection. International Journal of Refrigeration 2017, 75, 117-128.
- Bao H, Ma Z, Roskilly AP. Integrated chemisorption cycles for ultra-low grade heat recovery and thermo-electric energy storage and exploitation. Applied Energy 2016, 164, 228-236.
- Ma Z, Bao H, Roskilly AP. Performance analysis of ultralow grade waste heat upgrade using absorption heat transfer. Applied Thermal Engineering 2016, 101, 350-361.
- Ma ZW, Zhang P, Bao HS, Deng S. Review of fundamental properties of CO2 hydrates and CO2 capture and separation using hydration method. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2016, 53, 1273-1302.
- Lu Y, Wang Y, Bao H, Yuan Y, Wang L, Roskilly AP. Analysis of an optimal resorption cogeneration using mass and heat recovery processes. Applied Energy 2015, 160, 892–901.
- Sturm B, Meyers S, Zhang Y, Law R, Siquerios Valencia EJ, Bao H, Wang Y, Chen H. Process intensification and integration of solar heat generation in the Chinese condiment sector - A case study of a medium sized Beijing based factory. Energy Conversion and Management 2015, 106, 1295–1308.
- Bao HS, Wang YD, Charalambous C, Lu ZS, Wang LW, Wang RZ, Roskilly AP. Chemisorption cooling and electric power cogeneration system driven by low grade heat. Energy 2014, 72(1), 590-598.
- Yan Y, Lu YJ, Bao HS, Wang YD, Wang W, Roskilly AP. Investigation of a Heat Pipe Heat Exchanger Integrated with a Water Spray for the Heat Recovery from Boil Exhaust Gas. Energy Procedia 2014, 61, 2141-2144.
- Bao HS, Wang YD, Roskilly AP. Modelling of a chemisorption refrigeration and power cogeneration system. Applied Energy 2014, 119, 351-362.
- Lu YJ, Bao HS, Yan Y, Wang YD, Wang LW, Roskilly AP. Optimisation of a Novel Resorption Cogeneration Using Mass and Heat Recovery. Energy Procedia 2014, 61, 1103-1106.
- Deng S, Wang F, Bao HS, Ma ZW, Zhao L. Toward Net Zero CO2 Emission Power Generation System: Role of Solar Energy in Carbon Capture Technology. In: 13th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET 2014). 2014, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Bao HS, Wang RZ, Oliveira RG, Li TX. Resorption system for cold storage and long-distance refrigeration. Applied Energy 2012, 93, 479-487.
- Bao HS, Wang RZ, Wang LW. A Resorption Refrigeration Driven by Low Grade Thermal Energy. Energy Conversion and Management 2011, 52(6), 2339-2344.
- Bao HS, Wang RZ, Wang LW. Sorption Cold Storage System Driven By Industrial Waste Heat or Solar Energy. China, ZL 2010 0 0521021.5, 2011.
- Bao HS, Wang RZ, Li TX. Study on the Thermochemical Resorption Refrigeration and Its Application in the Long-Distance Cold Transportation. In: International Sorption Heap Pump Conference (ISHPC11). 2011, Padua, Italy: AICARR.
- Bao HS, Oliveira RG, Wang RZ, Wang LW, Ma ZW. Working pairs for resorption refrigerator. Applied Thermal Engineering 2011, 31(14-15), 3015-3021.
- Bao HS, Wang RZ, Wang LW. A Resorption Refrigerator Driven by Low Grade Thermal Energy. In: 9th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET 2010). 2010, Shanghai.
- Bao HS, Wang RZ. A Review of Reactant Salts for Resorption Refrigeration Systems. International Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration 2010, 18(3).
- Bao HS, Oliveira RG, Wang RZ, Wang LW. Choice of Low Temperature Salt for a Resorption Refrigerator. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2010.
- Wang XS, Bao HS, Wang RZ. Producing Simultaneous Heat and Cold Method and System by waste thermal energy. China, CN101556093, 2010.
- Wang LW, Bao HS, Wang RZ. A Comparison of the Performances of Adsorption and Resorption Refrigeration Systems Powered by the Low Grade Heat. Renewable Energy 2009.
- Bao HS, Oliveira RG, Wang RZ, Wang LW. The Thermodynamic Equilibrium Drop of Reactive Medium in Resorption System. In: International Conference of Heat Powered Cycles. 2009.
- Ma Z, Bao H, Roskilly AP. Study on solidification process of sodium acetate trihydrate for seasonal solar thermal energy storage. In: The 4th Sustainable Thermal Energy Management International Conference. 2017, Alkmaar, Netherlands.