Dr Jialiang Yi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: School of electrical and electronic engineering
Dr Jialiang Yi is a research associate at EPSRC National Centre for Energy Systems Integration and a member of the electrical power research group. His current research is concerned with validating and demonstrating novel future energy system models, architecture and data streams. He did his PhD as part of the Customer Led Network Revolution project, which is the biggest smartgrid project in the UK.
BSc 2006 – 2010 Electrical Engineering, Harbin institute of technology, China
MSc 2010 – 2011 Sustainable Energy Technologies, Southampton University, UK
PhD 2011 – 2016 Electrical engineering, thesis entitled “Investigation of Control Strategies for Energy Storage and Demand Response in Distribution Networks”, Newcastle University, UK
EPSRC National Centre for Energy Systems Integration (Durham University, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh University, Sussex University)
The Autonomic Power System, EPSRC Grand Challenges in Energy Networks, (EPSRC, Strathclyde University, Imperial College, Cambridge University, Manchester University, SPRU)
Customer Led Network Revolution, Low Carbon Networks Fund, Tier 2 (Ofgem,Northern Powergrid, British Gas, EA Technology)
Energy storage systems
Demand side response
Control and optimization of power systems
Quantification and management of uncertainties in power systems
- Neaimeh M, Wardle R, Jenkins A, Hill GA, Lyons P, Yi J, Huebner Y, Blythe PT, Taylor P. A probabilistic approach to combining smart meter and electric vehicle charging data to investigate distribution network impacts. Applied Energy 2015, 157, 688-698.
- Yi J, Lyons PF, Davison PJ, Wang P, Taylor PC. Robust Scheduling Scheme for Energy Storage to Facilitate High Penetration of Renewables. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy 2015, 7(2), 797-807.
- Wang P, Liang DH, Yi J, Lyons PF, Davison PJ, Taylor PC. Integrating Electrical Energy Storage Into Coordinated Voltage Control Schemes for Distribution Networks. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid 2014, 5(2), 1018-1032.
- Neaimeh M, Hill GA, Blythe P, Wardle R, Yi J, Taylor PC. Integrating Smart Meter and Electric Vehicle Charging Data to Predict Distribution Network Impacts. In: 4th European Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT) Conference. 2013, Copenhagen, Denmark: IEEE.
- Blake S, Yi J, Taylor PC, Miller D, Lloyd I. Using Electrical Energy Storage to Support Customers Under Faulted Network Conditions. In: 22nd International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution (CIRED). 2013, Stockholm, Sweden: Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- Wang P, Yi J, Lyons P, Liang D, Taylor P, Miller D, Baker J. Customer Led Network Revolution - Integrating Renewable Energy into LV Networks using Energy Storage. In: CIRED Workshop. 2012, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Yi J, Wang P, Taylor PC, Davison PJ, Lyons PF, Liang D, Brown S, Roberts D. Distribution network voltage control using energy storage and demand side response. In: 3rd IEEE PES International Conference and Exhibition on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT Europe). 2012, Berlin, Germany: IEEE.
- Wang P, Yi J, Zangiabadi M, Lyons P, Taylor P. Evaluation of Voltage Control Approaches for Future Smart Distribution Netwroks. Energies 2017, 10(8), 1138.