Researcher in Transport and Energy
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 44 (0)191 208 4903
- Address: School of Engineering
Newcastle upon Tyne
Lead Data Analyst on Electric Vehicles and Recharging Infrastructure projects.
Principal Investigator on project: Distribution network impacts from a real world trial of vehicle-to-grid (V2G) chargers. Played a pivotal role in securing a collaboration between Newcastle University, Northern Powergrid, Nissan and Nuvve.
Co-Investigator on Rapid Charge Network (RCN). £10m with £700k to Newcastle.
- Collaboration with Nissan, BMW, VW, Renault, Peugeot, Zero Carbon Futures and ESB
- Developing methods for handling and visualising large datasets. (i.e. using Regression analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, Dijkstra’s algorithm).
- Contributed to a European Commission report on EV data collection methods.
- Work cited by European Commission publication.
Principal Investigator on project: Short-term peak shaving using second life batteries of Electric Vehicles.
Principal Investigator on project: Crowdsourcing urban sensing network.
Smart Cities Research
- My work is focused on the interaction between Electric Vehicles, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and the Energy System.
- Was responsible for the Mobility Work Package at The European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) Joint Programme on Smart Cities.
- Taking lead roles in major European and UK research proposals on smart cities and sustainable urban mobility including identifying partners and acting as a contact point.
- Key role in defining the transport and energy interactions in electro-mobility and smart cities proposals.
Command of English, French and Arabic.
- Neaimeh M, Salisbury SD, Hill GA, Blythe PT, Scoffield DR, Francfort JE. Analysing the usage and evidencing the importance of fast chargers for the adoption of battery electric vehicles. Energy Policy 2017, 108, 474-486.
- Neaimeh M, Wardle R, Jenkins A, Hill GA, Lyons P, Yi J, Huebner Y, Blythe PT, Taylor P. A probabilistic approach to combining smart meter and electric vehicle charging data to investigate distribution network impacts. Applied Energy 2015, 157, 688-698.
- Neaimeh M, Hill GA, Hübner Y, Blythe PT. Routing systems to extend the driving range of electric vehicles. IET Intelligent Transport Systems 2013, 7(3), 327-336.
- Neaimeh M, Hill GA, Guo W, Wardle J, Bramich A, Blythe PT. Understanding the role of a rapid charging infrastructure on urban and interurban mobility patterns. In: Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS29). 2016, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
- Neaimeh M, Hill GA, Blythe P, Wardle R, Yi J, Taylor PC. Integrating Smart Meter and Electric Vehicle Charging Data to Predict Distribution Network Impacts. In: 4th European Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT) Conference. 2013, Copenhagen, Denmark: IEEE.
- Neaimeh M, Higgins C, Hill GA, Hübner Y, Blythe PT. Investigating the Effects of Topology on the Driving Efficiency of Electric Vehicles to Better Inform Smart Navigation. In: Road Traffic Information and Control (RTIC). 2012, London: The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Hübner Y, Blythe PT, Hill GA, Neaimeh M, Higgins C. ITS for Electric Vehicles – An Electromobility Roadmap. In: Road Traffic Information and Control (RTIC). 2012, London: Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Hill G, Blythe PT, Hubner Y, Neaimeh M, Higgins C, Suresh V. Monitoring and Predicting Charging Behaviour for Electric Vehicles. In: IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV). 2012, Alcala de Henares, Spain: IEEE.
- Hübner Y, Blythe PT, Hill G, Neaime M, Higgins C. Use of ITS to overcome barriers to the introduction of electric vehicles in the North East of England. In: 18th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems. 2012, Vienna, Austria.
- Hübner Y, Blythe PT, Neaimeh M. ITS for Quick Chargers for Electric Vehicles. In: 9th ITS European Conference. 2013, Dublin, Ireland: ERTICO.
- Huebner Y, Blythe PT, Hill GA, Neaimeh M, Austin J, Gray E. 49,999 Electric car journeys and counting. In: EVS27 2013 World Electric Vehicle Symposium. 2013, Barcelona, Spain: IEEE.
- Wardle J, Blythe PT, Bramich A, Neaimeh M, Guo W. Rapid Charge Network: breaking down the barriers to longer distance electric driving. In: European Battery, Hybrid and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Congress. 2015, Brussels, Belgium.
- Heidrich O, Hill GA, Neaimeh M, Huebner Y, Blythe PT, Dawson RJ. How do cities support electric vehicles and what difference does it make?. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2017, 123, 17-23.